Ok. So I just bought a '00 eclipse gs and I want to start modifying it. What would probably be the smartest or best part to change out first?

LayCo
0

Asked by LayCo Feb 22, 2012 at 03:34 PM about the 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Robert Lewis
55

Not trying to be rude but by starting with a non turbo eclipse you are going to have to spend dearly to make it even as fast as a stock turbo version. I would suggest you start by searching for a automotive forum that deals with eclipses and read and ask questions. Model specific forums will help you to do it right the first time since many people have gone through the trial and error already. I would suggest you take care of all basic repairs, full tune up, brakes, suspension parts, ball joints tie-rods and make sure your have a good base vehicle to start with.

Chase Sutherland
3,645

im with robert. if youre going to go down the mods route just save your money and sell it for a turbo version instead.

Devin Woodworth
335

buy stickers, they add 25hp each

Daniel Sandoval
35

id sell it and buy a 1g gsx. bam! slow problem fixed.