I have a 02 Eclipse gt with a 3.0 V6 and it had been running good but it just died and wont start!! What could be the problem?

Bubber88
0

Asked by Bubber88 Mar 20, 2012 at 05:01 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

My 02 Eclipse gt 3.0 V6 was running good and just died all of a sudden and now it won't start back!! What could be the problem?

Paul Johnson
15

hmmm i never had that year but what i would do is check the battery and the alternator first. real easy to do that just take them to an auto part store and they will do it for free usually. but if thats not the issue than just start checking around all the other parts to find the issue

30,625

If it will turnover but not crank could be timing belt issue. How many miles on it? If over 100000 and belt has never been replaced I would surely check it out. Good luck.