Eclispe gt 2002 - 2005 vs. Mustang gt 2002 - 2005? Is it really wrth the extra four grand?

kainewalker
0

Asked by kainewalker Mar 07, 2013 at 08:03 AM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

DavidH25

That is a purely personal decision, it's "worth" is determined by how much you prefer one over the other, your own taste and desires. But as for specific cars vs. those in general they are both fine cars. Personally I would get the Mustang, but for no other reason than I like them better, not because I think one is better engineered or anything like that

Best Answer
DavidH25

Where did you get the $4k figure diff? I looked up both on Edmunds and there is only about $1k difference

45,675

I too, would prefer the Mustang. Is Mitsubishi the one with the crankshaft walking problem?

DavidH25

Yeah. TS it is. The '95 to '99 Ecplise had that, A 'crankwalk' or 'walking' crankshaft, occurs when an engine has thrust bearing failure, and there was even a class~action lawsuit. Never heard what became of that though