what donut spare tire will fit my mini cooper s

okrd
0

Asked by okrd Feb 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM about the 2004 MINI Cooper S

I have repaced my runflat tires with regular high performance tires.  I have slime and a conpressor but still feel uneasy on out of town trips.  I have seen what mini offers but at $300 it is a little high.  Does anyone know of any other brand (Honda,Chevy,VW ect,) that would work as a spare tire on my 2004 MCS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thank You

Jake Smith
25

i would just get a tire plug kit theyre cheap and really easy to use the only time they wont help you is if you have a blowout

onionjello
130

I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S and i found a used spare tire for a Honda Civic at a salvage yard for $50.00. You can mount it under the car easily, just click on the link for step by step instructions on how I did it myself: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/how-to/208978-interior-exterior- how-to-mount-a-spare-tire-on-your-cooper-s.html

Brian Cramer
75

Go to honda dealer get a spare for a Civic / Cheap and works well (Junk yard is even better)

Vince Lee
915

I use a Scion XB spare and it fitted well.

Way
80

We just got some affordable donut spares in stock http://www.waymotorworks.com/mini-spare-tire-wheel.html

Robert Charlson
2,185

Mini uses a 4x100 bolt pattern so honda as said above will work and is cheaper. Just for your information is you use that slime in the tire, most tire shops will have an extra fee on there for the dismount and remount because of the mess. Hope that helps.

Way
80

FYI most honda wheels won't clear the brakes

Andy Thompson
25

you cant fit a spare wheel to a cooper s unless you change the exhaust system to a split system like the clubman s then u might be able too

Ahlvin
10

We have a 2007 MINI> I got an unused 2012 Honda FIT space-saver spare for $35.00 at a junk yard which fits great.