hissing noise

02mercurycougar
0

Asked by 02mercurycougar Jun 10, 2011 at 01:32 PM about the 2002 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

I have what i hope is a minor problem with a hissing noise. I have an auto 02 mercury cougar v6. I do not have the money to get it checked out right now so i am hoping this is something i can fix. The hissing just started a week ago but it sounds like its coming from the engine. You can only hear it when driving and goes louder when more gas is applied and quieter but still there when you let off. Also i don't know if this goes along with it but i haven't noticed air coming into the car from driversside by the pedals. The noise sounds just like having the air on.. when its not on... anyone have any ideas??

Jeff Leeper

vaccuum leak at the rear of the engine. the vacuum line itself is hard to see from the top of the car, you can see it better from underneath.