I am having electronic problems with my 1994 mazda 323 after i installed an aftermarket radio.

Harrisonk
0

Asked by Harrisonk Feb 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM about the 1994 Mazda 323 Base Hatchback

I just recently bought a 1994 mazda 323 as my all around car and project, when I installed an aftermarket radio i started having problems with the electronics such as the internal lights wont turn on and the rear lights don"t come on when i turn on my headlights, only when i hit the break. The drivers side headlight will not turn on although i could just need a new bulb and the inside light wont turn on and never has since i bought the car a month ago. When i bought the car everything was working fine, but when i went to change out the radio for an after market one i found that the radio wasn't even attached which didn't bother me at the time. When i start the car sometimes it makes this screeching sound like when you start the engine and then turn the key again, i turn the car off and then on again and its gone. I don't know if this is related to my problem but i thought it help in determining the problem.

judge_roy

Isn't it obvious. You disturbed several systems in you zeal to find a hot and ground for your radio. Undo what you did and see if this corrects the problem. If it doesn't we cannot solve problems as easily as you are able to make them, so we will take them one at a time. You might look at how clean your battery teminals are, the round lugs that have a stud that bolts them to the positive terminal, be sure they are spanky clean as well as negative ground to the frame and engine, all the fuses are NOT burned...then we will proceed...

Raleigh Ahlstrom
125

a wire somewhere is rubbing some grounded metal surface. Who installed the stereo head unit? If it was you check EVERY speaker terminal and the remote out as well.