Replacing the timing belt (chain) on a 2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Sport GS/GT

sarahkdacey
0

Asked by sarahkdacey Aug 09, 2011 at 12:14 PM about the 2004 Mazda MAZDA3 S Hatchback

Hi, I bought a used 2004 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback Sport GS/GT a few weeks ago and I am wondering when I should be changing the timing chain? It has approximately 123,000km and as far as I know, it has never been changed (I have a call in to the previous owners, waiting for them to call me back).  Just was wondering if anyone has any ideas on when it should be changed!

It is an automatic (with manual option) and a 2.3L engine

Michel Santos
185

96.000km .....

sarahkdacey
0

and how do you figure that exact number?

Derrick Chipres
155

why are you replacing the chain? unless the car has lacked serious maintanence and has stretched there is no reason for you to change the chain. and you are gonna need some special tools to set timing and set the crank at tdc. also a special tool to hold the crank at tdc.