oil leak

beedy
0

Asked by beedy May 18, 2011 at 12:30 AM about the 1991 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

my car sat for a year,now after driveing it for a day,there is alot of oil leaking,from somewhere out of sight around the surpentine belt area,near water pump ,can,t really see where any ideas please, the oils spaying all over the place from the belt rotateing. help!

Jeff Leeper

sounds like the oil seal behind the harmonic balancer.

Scott Gifford
20

This would more likely be the oil adapter housing located right behind the power steering pump. The adapter will be on the left side of the engine and on your right when looking into the engine bay.