my navigator seems to slip a little then shifts kind of hard.

robbase714
0

Asked by robbase714 Oct 30, 2012 at 06:06 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4 Dr STD 4WD SUV

the guys at the shop tell me there not sure what it is but, they want to replace the clutches and check it out.  theyre saying that it will be anywhere from $800- $1600 to fix it. i'm only planning on keeping the truck for another year or so. can i get away with putting an additive like lucas stop slip in it?

robbase714
0

one at a time please! lol

Michael Crews
1,385

If you don't care about the truck, why not? Cheaper than $800-$1600. Sounds to me like your mechanic is bending you over, BTW. I'd look for a second opinion.