4 WHEEL DRIVE

JEFFCARTER1
0

Asked by JEFFCARTER1 Mar 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM about the 2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD

2004 KIA 4WD SORENTO,  4WD LOW LIGHT IS ON AND TRANMISSION DOESN'T CHANGE RIGHT. DEALER SAID IT WAS TRANSFER CASE CONTROL MODULE,  I REPLACED IT BUT NO CHANGE. THIS REPAIR COST ME ABOUT 800.00 CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM?

Micky Jones
55

Hi ,i had a simular status with mine, do you use your 4 wheel drive on a regular basis,as i didnt ,and only just had a full service and check over,1rst time it happened to me ,was in crawling traffic down hill in san sebastion rush hour am,so i went into neutral ,swithched engine off ,and restarted ,and managed to switch from 4wheel back to 2,then some months again it happened as i was on a dirt track coming from beach,so i did the same again,however i realised i hadnt used the 4wheel drive for some time,so after i started making use on occasion 2 times a week for 4 or 5 mins the 4x4 status,so it could be a gearbox software it prob.

griprim12
265

Tire tread depth and the TCM . 95440-4A720 Make sure your tires are all the same tread depth .If you have mismatched tires the Low 4x4 wheel light will come on and stay on until you have tires on the front or back with same tread depth . vehicle has sensors in front and the rear .

griprim12
265

With a 3.5 engine in Over drive the tach should read about 3 thousand RPM's .at 70 miles per hour. stop vehicle and pull over and shut off Over drive and turn it back on . or shut down vehicle and this does a re rest of the off over drive .transmission may have a shift module and may need replacement or traction is not good and have mismatched tires and senors are causing the problem front or rear .

griprim12
265

Plug in OBD II scanner and check for trouble code . OBD II plug in is in front under hood near main fuse box on fender drivers side .Scanner can be purchased on Ebay for 70 dollars or less .need 20 pin adapter for Kia . Most OBD II scanners USA are 16 pin and can buy an adapter plug in for the kia for under 20 dollars

griprim12
265

The dealer can use a software on a PC to get more detailed information on TCM and other problems . Dealer has software that is better than the OBD II scanner and can target the problem .Need to ask the Service dept for a print out or if they hooked up the vehicle to a PC software program . The ECU will store trouble codes or errors .also the OBD II scanner can erase all trouble codes after viewing or fixing . Then the ECU will start a new cycle and if problems are not fixed they will show up again as check engine light comes on .

422
0

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH i HAVE A 2005 SORENTO AND WE HAD A SNOW STORM RECENTLY AND I REMEMBER SHIFTING GEARS TO DRIVE AND BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY NEUTRAL WHILE I WAS IN 4WD-LO I DID NOT SHUT THE CAR OFF INSTEAD I SHIFTED TO DRIVE AND THAT IS WHEN THE LIGHT CAME ON I JUST FOLLOWED #35 INSTRUCTION ABOVE AND IT WORKS....LIFE SAVE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING AROUND LIKE THAT FOR 3 DAYS....

portakalkemal
0

Can I use tires of 225X75X16 in order 245X70X16 for mu Sorento 2003 Thanks Kemal portakal portakalkemal@gmail.com