could fuel pump be shutting down or is my filter cloded

shirleyccc
0

Asked by shirleyccc Sep 13, 2013 at 06:41 PM about the 1991 Isuzu Rodeo 4 Dr S 4WD SUV

.
Im put 10 dollars of gas in the truck and ran out of gas after 9 milesm checked for leak there is none

garenad
265

gas pump starts and shuts with the ignition key, it's rarely intermitant, if the filter was never changed, I would start with the filter much cheaper than the pump also, check for leaks near the engine.

garenad
265

check for leaks near the engine or the fuel line, then change the filter if it was never changed, check your fuel gauge maybe faulty.