Location of power outlets... (accessory outlets)

lxiseries
0

Asked by lxiseries Aug 27, 2011 at 09:46 PM about the 1999 Ford Escort 4 Dr SE Sedan

I've looked all over the fuse block inside and out, but can't find a place to plug a
wire into. I'd like to tap a power source that is on only when the key is on. Any ideas
where these might be located?

papa

if taping into a fuse,you need a test light,avalable at any parts store,tuch the metel on fuse that you can see with fuse still pluged in,a red light will light up on a hot fuse,turn key switch off if light on test light goes off tap into that fuse,if stays on is hot all the time.in short,try the radio fuse.

lxiseries
0

That would work. But isn't there already a place where you can just use a flat blade connection and just push it in there? I remember in the old days there was always a couple of places on the fuse block where you could hook to when adding electrical accessories...

papa

true,but like you said the old days.todays cars wireing runs in a controlled loop for the computer.what is it you wanting to hook up.

lxiseries
0

Well don't shoot me for this, but I need to wire the fan for the radiator to a switch. :) We can't get the sensor out, so we have to bypass it and hook the fan to a switch. I'd prefer to hook the switch to a contact that turns of when the car is off, in case the the fan is left on, that way the battery won't get drained. :) An 18 yr. old girl drives this car and I know she'll forget to turn the fan off...;)