I have a problem with a 94 Isuzu Rodeo I think it is a transmission issue

cley11
0

Asked by cley11 Jul 04, 2013 at 12:04 PM about the 1994 Isuzu Rodeo 4 Dr S V6 SUV

I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2L V6, 4X4, automatic transmission with 129,000 miles
on it. The check transmission light was on one day and the vehicle wouldn't accelerate
past about 10 - 15 MPH. I changed the filter and fluid in the transmission. The light
went out and car drove fine for about 4 days. Then it started having trouble accelerating
from a dead stop and sometimes it would seem to slam into the first gear all of a
sudden and then continue to drive fine until you came to another dead stop. Then 2
days ago the same thing that happened before the filter and fluid change happened
again. Vehicle wouldn't accelerate past maybe 10 MPH and check trans light is back
on. Not sure what to do from here.

67,955

Well it's time to take it to a local transmission specialist to diagnose the issue. You took the appropriate recourse in changing the fluid and filter first, but I suspect you have some internal damage. So a rebuild or replacement is in your future.