How to get timing back set

amytre
0

Asked by amytre Sep 08, 2013 at 10:49 AM about the 2003 Isuzu Rodeo S

i have a 2003 isuzu rodeo with 2.2. it was running before i replaced the water pump but
after all parts put back on it will not start. it will spin over but not fire.  what marks on
the the exhaoust cam gear do i line up with.  One  has a triangle with exhaust and
another has intake and the ther is one more with a just a notch.  Next question is  the
crank there is a small mark on balancer ( which location should that be at the 6 12 or 1
oclock postition

66,445

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/ebrock63/2009-01- 03_232219_TB.pdf

66,445

Delete the space between (- 3) should look like (-3) in address. Sorry iPad issues again.

DavidH25

This is labeled 2000 but it is the 2.2 ..click on it to see it

66,445

Good morning David. Yes that is the same as the 2003.

DavidH25

I was not trying to make it seem like my answer is better, sometimes an image is good is all...good morning yo own self dandy

66,445

It's all good. I just can't import pictures with this iPad like you do. Lol

DavidH25

I took that down..didn't come across right about the camshaft locking tool. It has to do with the interference engine, and while timing it does not have to be running to bend a valve ..and the answer is 6 o'clock on the crank

66,445

Yes I afraid they might have already bent some. But hopefully they didn't learn the same lesson I did about interference engines. When you do get belt on and timing marks lined up properly if it still won't start or run properly then do a compression check. Any cylinders showing 0 psi or extreemely low psi will indicate bent valves. But don't worry not that hard of a fix. Just remove head and replace bent valves and valve guide seals.