Electrical Problems

CelesterJ
695

Asked by CelesterJ Sep 02, 2009 at 11:23 AM about the 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport

I'm experiencing problems in my center console.  My stereo gradually stopped working.  One day I was driving then the lights on the stereo went out.  It still worked. Then another day the stereo cut off by itself, then came back on a couple of minutes later.  It did that a few times, then the buttons on the stereo stop working, but the controls for the stereo on the steering wheel worked.  Now it stopped working altogether.  Every time I experience trouble with the stereo, I experienced trouble with the climate controls.  The buttons don't work.  Not it's set on auto and does what the heck it wants to do.  

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the problem and cost for repair>

Bisharet Qureshi
165

Yea, Check this out, so i just recently (in july) bought my 04 G35 sedan at i was at around 72K miles and my driver side door speaker starts to go out. This has been constant for bout 2 months now. i figure my issue is just a lose wire, because when i tap the brakes, the door speaker will come on. i plan on either fixing it myself or taking it to a audio shop. your not alone.

Benson99
120

Hey CelesterJ, My wife's 03 G35 is doing teh exact same thing! Wierd. I haven't called the shop yet, but am curious if you ever got it repaired and what was it? I have the G35 field service manuals but have not spent enough time going through that detail either. This is a really wierd problem! Thanks in advance!

Vlad Tirea
265

It's a common problem on the 03-04 models. There is a recall on the radio unit but only for sedans. My coupe started doing it and it is because a circuit board known as the "finisher" fries out and kills the climate control and radio. Best fix is to get an after market double din replacement for the central console. the new unit has it's own circuit for climate control but you will need to get an aftermarket radio. I know I know it sucks :(

roadster
110

Hi Was wondering if you were able to get this annoying problem fixed...we have had no luck as of yet..exactly the same problem. thanks for your time

CelesterJ
695

Yes. The most cost effective solution is to buy the aftermarker Metra 997604B Infiniti G35 2003-2004 2-Din Turbo Install Kit. It comes in black or gray. It costs about $160. The problem is with the controller. Your climate controls and stereo controls are on the same circuit board. The stereo plugs into this board. It is all attached to the center console where those controls are. I would suggest taking it to a car stereo installation store and have them install this kit and an aftermarket stereo. The dealer will violate you if you take it to them to get it fixed. They tried to charge me $1,100 to fix it. I told them to go kick rocks! This kit will have the climate controls and an opening for a double din aftermarket stereo. Kenwood makes a few stereos that have an accessory that will allow you to continue to use the steering wheel controls. Go to www.dealercostcaraudio and order the Kenwood DPX303 or higher version of this stero for $179. You won't find it cheaper anywhere else. You will also need to purchase the steering wheel control adapter. Installation for everything will probably cost about $100. This will save you about $600. I hope this helps. Anything I can do to prevent another dealer from raping one of it's customers.

roadster
110

Just went to the dealer and said would cost me $1450..unf...beliveable!! Have a couple of more questions for you and that is we have a sedan and were not told by the dealership of a recall ( any way i can get this info on line or suggestions>>) also where should i get this aftermarket part ( a note is we live in Vancouver,Canada). Lastly did you ever take this to the head office of Nissan and make a complaint about this? I am in the process currently with Nissan Canada....how can they refuse to deal with a major problem like this and then try to stick to us on the repair?? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!

psychomotif
240

Does this new setup(metra kit/new headunit) really fix the ac/stereo problem? Did that problem ever come back on your car?

CelesterJ
695

Yes it fixed the problem. I haven't had a problem since I replaced everything in March 2010.

psychomotif
240

guess it gives me a little hope since your car is doing fine and its almost 6 months, i just ordered the metra kit, double din pioneer headunit, harness and antenna. Hope it fixes my problem. also, when your radio used to go out, did ur ac also get stuck at 60degrees with the fan blowing at full speed?

Bill Whitesel
570

After reading your post I did a little more research and found the following at http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-54324.html. I've call my local Infiniti dealer and left a message. Being the weekend I hope to have my problem resolved on Monday. Thanks. Subject: 2003 G35 Sedan Audio Finisher Circuit Board Voluntary Service Campaign On some model year 2003 G35 Sedans manufactured through August 21, 2002, the audio and temperature controls may not operate as expected. When using the audio equipment or the temperature controls, the unit may become inoperative. In some cases, this can be corrected by turning the ignition switch off and back on again. In other cases, the unit remains inoperative and requires service by an Infiniti technician. To prevent this condition, Infiniti has initiated a Voluntary Service Campaign to replace the audio finisher circuit board on these vehicles at no charge to the customer for parts or labor. This campaign affects approximately 23,998 Infiniti G35 Sedans in the United States. ITB03-007 OWNER NOTIFICATION LETTER 2003 G35 Sedan Audio Finisher Voluntary Service Campaign Dear Infiniti Owner: Thank you for your purchase of an Infiniti 2003 G35 Sedan. Infiniti is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction as part of the Total Ownership Experience program. Through our product performance monitoring, we have identified that the audio and temperature controls may, on occasion, not operate as expected. To ensure your satisfaction and to prevent any inconvenience, Infiniti is replacing the component that controls the audio and temperature controls on your vehicle with an improved version. Your Infiniti dealer may have already contacted you to schedule an appointment and to have this component replaced, at no cost to you. If not, please contact your nearest Infiniti dealer to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. This free service should take less than two (2) hours to complete, but your Infiniti dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon their work schedule, or parts availability. If you require alternate transportation, please schedule an appointment in advance so your Infiniti dealer can ensure a free service loan car is available for your use. If you have any questions or concerns about your Infiniti G35 Sedan, please contact your Infiniti dealer or contact an Infiniti representative toll free at (800) 662-6200. If you reside in Hawaii, please call (808) 836-0888. Thank you for providing us an opportunity to ensure ongoing satisfaction with your new Infiniti G35 Sedan. We apologize for this inconvenience. INFINITI DIVISION Nissan North America

You think this is helpful.
dicky
30

I am experiencing the same problem in the center console of my 2003 G35 coupe. I called Infiniti USA on the 800 number you mentioned and was told that the G35 coupe was not covered.

wap18
30

Hey, my stereo has been goin out for a while now. Its on and the lights work but its a short i know bc i can give it the "fonzy treatment" and punch the side of the console and it will come back. but now my windows have started acting up. U know when u leave the front windows down and cut the car off they will automatically roll up after a few min. Well now when i want them up and i cut my car off they both automatically roll down and wont go back up unless the car is on. PLEASE HELP! i cant take my car anywhere in fear of someone climbing in the windows

slickxtreme
40

to all those who have had the same problem here is my solution: my problem started when i wanted to move my passenger view mirror. i moved it maybe a couple of clicks and then i turn off the car. when i came back i tried to move the mirror back and wow all of a sudden my stereo went off and my A/C went on-on full auto i was unable to turn it off or lower the temperature or raise it. i still had 45 minute drive home without stero and the A/C on full auto at 60 degrees. went i got home on an empty tank obviously from the ac on, i talked to my brother and he told me to check the fuses. i check all the fuses related to the A/C and stereo and they were all fine when finally i though "well since it started with the mirrors maybe i should check that one" sure enough that fuse was burned out and as soon as i replace it the stero came back on and i was finally able to control the freaking A/C. relief of that mess i pumped some gas. hopefully this helps someone else and i guess this will beat my "most cost effective solution" right celester J. truth be told i almost bought all that u said in ur reply. of course i would've up grated to a better sound system. im just saying!!!

CelesterJ
695

You're right. This is definately a more cost effective solution, but I didn't have any blown fuses. It's not too late for me to upgrade my sound system. I'm accepting donations if you would like to contribute to it slickxtreme! Since you saved all that money by just replacing a fuse, you should be able to help a fella out.

grantG35
140

With 194,000 Kms on my 2003- G35 ,the radio and heater controlls would only work intermittently. The fix was have the heater/Radio unit pulled out and the circuit board worked on. One day- $400 Cdn and back in the car by in independant firm in Mississauga Ontario Canada. While the unit was out I could still operate the car with the heat on a fixed high heat. It was worth the effort. The dealer quoted me $850 to $1600 for the fix.

You think this is helpful.
barbl
80

I have the same exact problem with my 2003 Infinity G35 Sedan. The heat/ac control panel and the radio would work intermittently. At one point, I was able to control the radio from the steering wheel. However, now I'm unable to control anything. The stereo is inoperable, and the climate control remains at 68ยบ AC with air that blows nonstop. I had taken my vehicle to a Nissan dealer as well as to the Infiniti dealer, and I was told that I would have to have the entire panel replaced at my expense. Unfortunately my VIN is not included in the same voluntary recall campaign. I recently filed a complaint with SAFECAR.GOV part of NHTSA, since it is a driving hazard b/c of not being able to control the climate, particularly the front and rear window defrosters. I strongly recommend that all who have the problem do the same.

psychomotif
240

I had the same problem, the dealer with totally rip you off with a similar climate contro/cd player which will act up in 6 months. Your best bet is to buy an aftermarket dash kit by metra for about $160 and an aftermarket Pioneer bluetooth double din stereo and say byebye to any ac/stereo problems coming back. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. urban_spectre@yahoo.com I got this problem fixed like 4 months ago, ad touch wood its going totally fine.

psychomotif
240

John Pike
20

all of you seem to have the same problem, you have a bad body control module, it like a gem switch in a ford,you have many comp. in a veh. the ecu is just the tip of the iceburg

John Pike
20

i am new at this site just replace the body omtrol module

Farrah
0

Hi Everyone! I am having the same problem with my 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan! I took it to the infiniti dealership in Port Coquitlam and they told me the same thing. They said it would cost me $1800 for my vehicle. I told them where to go!!! There is got to be a cheaper fix??? Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone is having or have had issues with their windows? Once I turn my car off and lock the door, all my 4 windows go down!!! Any help would be great! I'm from Vancouver, BC. also, you can email me @ aj-realestate@hotmail.com

grantG35
140

Have the radio/heater contol unit pulled out the the centre of the dash board and send it to Danamax Electronics in Mississauga On. Its typically less than $500 fix.

zoomG35
5

hey grantG35 .. where in mississauga did u get it fixed ??? Im in toronto and looking for a place to get it fixed ... cant afford to go to the dealer thanks

grantG35
140

to:Zoom 35, Go to Denmax Electronics 2311 Anson Dr. Unit B Miss 905-673-0090 I met used car dealers there getting their trade-in car problems fixed. Call me if you have any probs. 905-804-3513

konio
0

Hi there, I have a G35 2003 Sedan automatic and I'm about to replace my radio for aftermarket radio like Kenwood DPX303. To be able to replace the radio I heard we need to buy the Metra Dash kit Double Din install 99-7604B. On the internet I found Metra with number 99-7604T or just 99-7604 without the letter "B". What is the Metra I need for my car? Beside the Metra Dash kit and the Kenwood DPX303 what do I need exactly? Do I need the wiring harness? if so which part number (70-7551 or 71-7550 or both?) Do I need also the Antenna Adapter? And how to make my steering wheel controler working through Kenwood DPX303? thanks in advanced for your precious time to reply.

pkrick
0

Just called Danamax will fix for $300

David DeSantis
20

Did you have to replace the audio finisher board in addition to the aftermarket stereo and Metra Kit?

David DeSantis
20

Did you have to purchase a new audio finisher board in addition to the Metra Kit and aftermarket stereo??? Thanks Dave

Heggleston328
20

Hi Bill, I read your comment on the g35 audio finsher malfunction. I called infiniti and was informed that the finisher had been replaced over years ago. I have an 2003 g35 that i purchased in 2005 and i'm the second owner of the vehicle. Is there any other possible cause for the exact same symptoms listed above that you may be aware of? Infiniti rep stated that all of the related repairs will be at my own expense. My name is Hakim and I look forward to any info that you have for me.

psychomotif
240

you will have to get an aftermarket stereo and metra replacement dash kit. I installed that and almost1 year, my car is doing good.

DRAGAN
0

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem.All the button's on the center console are not operational except the Navigation/GPS which is working properly.Also my cd player (Boose)display the msg CD Error FO.I did read previous replies and responds on this topic but couldnt find the answer on my question which is: Today i went to the junk yard and found center console with same Boose cd player,and everything works good.My question is if i buy that console is that cd player will be compatible with the Navigation unit.As some of the answers suggest to go with after market console and after market cd player,i did some research and found that GPS unit wont work properly(voice guidance cant go thru the sound system)?? I am new to this forum,and really do appreciate any help.Thank you

Jas Johnson
10

Do we know of anyone in New Haven, CT that could fix it?

MARKMCDONOUGH
0

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM,HAVE U GOT ANY RESPONSE?

g35driver_canada
0

I am having this same problem with the center console not working. It was working on and off over the past few months. It seemed to work when it was really cold, but as soon as the car warmed up it would stop. The radio controls still work from the steering wheel, but after reading all these posts it may go sooner than later. If there is anyone that has had this issue and replaced their components replaces could you please post the details of the radio and other components that corrected the problem and kept the steering wheel controls and dual temp controls. I am going to be calling the dealer tomorrow with regards to the recall, but in the past I have called about other recalls and they tell me that my car is not included as the recall pertains to cars sold in the USA. It seems that Canadians get the short end of the stick on these recalls. This is a safety concern when you can't turn on the rear or the front defrost. If I do not get a welcomed response from Infiniti of Canada I will be submitting a formal complaint to Transportation of Canada.

barbl
80

I posted a complaint online with the Infiniti Consumer Affairs Division, and explained the entire problem to them - which was that the stereo and heating/ac controls were intermittent at first, which after a short time became entirely inoperable. It was considered a hazard, particularly as we entered the winter months. Yes, it had been a recall but only for vehicles that had numbers within designated VINS. The best Infiniti would do was to contact the Inifiniti dealer and arrange that the center control panel be replaced at a warranty price labor included. I had to pay approximately $400.00, which I was not happy to do. However, I had no alternative. Good luck.

Artlusmc
10

Has anyone heard of this problem on a 2006 M35? My problem is the same. See below display screen will not come on intermittently. Sometimes after several tries it will, but not all the time. Without it, no defrost, air or radio. Nissan dealer said they could change out the computer, but no guarantee it will fix it. Please help. Seems like it does it more often after a rain. .?

CelesterJ
695

Sorry for the late responce. I don't know exactly what Metra you need for your call. You will have to call the sales staff for specifics. You will probably need a wire harness. There is a seperate adapter for the steering wheel controler for the Kenwood system. I did not install the system myself, so I don't know all the details.

CelesterJ
695

@ David: Yes. The Metra kit has the finisher or controller board built in.

CelesterJ
695

I can't recall the website to go to for recall info. Sorry. I did not report the problem to Nissan. Here are a few sites that sell the kit. www.sonicelectronix.com www.buy.com http://www.amazon.com/Metra-Infiniti-2003-2004-2-DIN-Install/dp/B001JT0FM4 Sorry for the late responce

CelesterJ
695

@ psychomotif Yes. I haven't had any problems with it for about a year now.

CelesterJ
695

@ MarkMcDonough: This is what I did. I searched online and purchased the aftermarket Metra 997604B Infiniti G35 2003-2004 2-Din Turbo Install Kit. It comes in black or gray. It costs about $160. The problem is with the controller. Your climate controls and stereo controls are on the same circuit board. The stereo plugs into this board. It is all attached to the center console where those controls are. I would suggest taking it to a car stereo installation store and have them install this kit and an aftermarket stereo. From the comments I've read on here, the dealer will charge $1,100 - $1,400 to fix it. The Metra kit will have the climate controls and an opening for a double din aftermarket stereo. Kenwood makes a few stereos that have an accessory that will allow you to continue to use the steering wheel controls. Go to www.dealercostcaraudio and order the Kenwood DPX303 or higher version of this stereo starting at about $179. I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. You will also need to purchase the steering wheel control adapter. Installation for everything will probably cost about $100. This will save you at least $600 if you go that route. I've also heard there also is a place in Canada that repairs the controller circuit for about $300. I would search thru the posts for that info. I think someone posted a name and phone number. The first thing you should do is check your fuses. I hope this helps.

smak
10

I am living in Canada Ontario and experiencing the same problem. Called the dealership locally and they want $177 just to diagnostic it. I have also read the US recall letter, they are trying to fix the problem by replacing the Audio finisher board ( 28041-AM813, bose system ). Check the price on several US web site, the price is about USD 70 range. Canada dealership wants $103. So I figured instead of paying $177 for diagnostic, I may as well take my chance and install the new part by myself. All assembly drawings are available on-line. 1.5 hr job max. Hope this help.

kbhtfd
0

I'm experiencing the same problem with my 02 infiniti q45. Do you think the metro kit will work for my car and if so how can I get my hands on it..

CelesterJ
695

Try one of these sites. www.sonicelectronix.com www.buy.com http://www.amazon.com/Metra-Infiniti-2003-2004-2-DIN-Install/dp/B001JT0FM4

icfresh46
5

my g35 sedan 03, got same issues with the climate control and audio. however recently my engine cut off on my twicce this last weekend once when i was at the stop light and another while i was driving my car lost power and stopped in the middle of the road. what could be the issue with the engine? please respond sosic23@yahoo.com or 510=825=9954

CelesterJ
695

I wish I could help you Fresh, but that one is above my pay grade. You will have to consult with a professional on that one. Sorry

grantG35
140

This engine loss of power happened to me and it turned out to be the (Gas pedal)Throttle sensor. You should have had a "code " on this through your check engine warning light. Funride

VanG
0

Hi Smak, where I can contact you? I had exactly the same problem today and I live in Toronto. I am going to do exactly the same thing that you have done. Any futher advice? What about the recal letter in Canada? Maybe I can have this done for free if my VIN qualifies

kbkramer99
90

I have a 2003 G35 that had the radio and all AC go out. the buttons wouldn't work at all. The estimated cost to fix was around $1300 at the dealership. If you aren't shy about some so it yourself work, there is an awesome company in Cali that will repair this issue for $150 within a couple of week. I did this and fixed the problem completely! The ebay site is listed below. good luck! http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-BOSE-INFINITI-G35-RADIO-NISSAN-6-CD-CHANGER-REPAIR- SERVICE-/250905381740?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6b204b6c#ht_1926wt_1037

kbkramer99
90

I posted a response below, but I am super happy with the company that helped me. We also tried to have the dealership fix it under the recall, but they said since they already did the recall on it in 2003, they wouldn't replace it again.... and they also wanted us to pay $170 to diagnose. If you can take out the audio/climate control board yourself (my husband did this), you can ship it to a California Company that will fix the issue for $150. We did this and it is working PERFECTLY! I am very happy with this result. The link to their eBay site is below. Under that is the link with directions on how to take the board out. eBay Repair: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2004-BOSE-INFINITI-G35-RADIO-NISSAN-6-CD-CHANGER-REPAIR- SERVICE-/250905381740?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6b204b6c#ht_1926wt_1037 Removal AC control guide: http://www.infinitihelp.com/diy/gcoupe/projects/infiniti_g35_radio_replacement_procedure.htm Good Luck!

kbkramer99
90

the ebay link needs to be copied and pasted (whole thing). This site is splitting the link, so if you just click, it won't work.

spivey24
30

My entire center console went on an '03 G35 sedan. The radio and all climate controls were unusable and no lights showed. I took it to the dealer and they wanted $1200 to replace the radio and circuit boards. I found the repair site on ebay and decided to give it a try at $150 plus shipping. I used the video on youtube to get instructions on how to remove the radio. The instructions were pretty good, except it was NOT necessary to remove the side screws on the radio. The whole process of getting the radio out and finally removing the radio from the mounts in the center console took a bit over an hour. I sent the radio off and got it back about a week and a half later - most of that time was shipping to Cali and back to the east coast. I got the radio back, and got everything back in. That process took a bit over an hour too - a little tricky but not too bad. I turned the car on and everything works perfect now. Saved about a grand! The ebay user is: xw1600 http://www.ebay.com/itm/250876872788?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 I have no affiliation with xw1600, just a satisfied customer.

nash2011
10

Hello Forum: I have an Infiniti 2004 G35x Sedan. I had an ipod jack installed about 2 years ago. My CD player stopped working long time back, but i never cared as I had my ipod jack. Today, my stereo stopped working. The radio stars, scans and all, but NO sound from any where. Not sure what the problem can be? Fuse gone?? If yes, how do you change the audio fuse in an Infiniti? Sorry I am a car geek. Thanks for your help... Nash

grantG35
140

1. check your owners manual for location of fuse panals. One is at the left lower kick panal (drivers side) and the other is under ther hood. It's not likely a fuse at the panal under the hood if itis just a radio item. 2. That centre pod is notorious for giving radio control problems and then heater/defrost setting problems.The radio and heater setting are on the same circuit board- Get that pod checked out.

hngandhi
0

How is it possible that this many people with Sedans and Coupes are having the same problem and yet only a couple of models are covered? I'm having the same problem in my Infiniti G35 Coupe. Fortunately, it's stuck on 70 degrees, which is the perfect temp. LOL! Living with the radio has been a little tougher, but I've got Pandora on my phone. Still, I need to get it fixed now. Should I order the parts myself as some of you suggested and then take it to an audio place?

grantG35
140

All you need to do is have the centre pod of your console removed that houses the Radio and Temp controls. Ship it to Denmax, Mississauga Ontario Canada. I had them to mine for less than $600 total. Everything worked perfectly after that. Than I sold that piece of junk car that was so fun to drive. Now I drive a CAMARO with no problems.

Johnny0514
60

If you have a 2003 Infinity G35 and are having problems with the AC/Heater and the Bose Radio not working., I just found a cheap and quick fix. I got a tip on another blog about someone on Ebay who will fix your OEM radio and return it fixed guaranteed for $150. I am in L.A. on business and decided to call him direct and have him remove the radio himself. That was $40. I went to his place in El Monte, CA , he removed, fixed and reinstalled the radio in about 1/2 hour. All 6 cd's were taken out and reinserted for testing. I couldn't believe after 2 years with out the radio and my AC stuck on 75 degreees, everything worked!!!. This guys doesn't speak much english, he's from Japan and used to install and fix Nissan/Infinity radios and knows his stuff. Here's his info: XW Electronic Company: office: 626-454-1645, John Huang.. Have fun!

Jcronkhite12
20

Guys here's how I fixed my g35 Infiniti radio a/c problem. They were going on and off for a year now. I pulled the radio out (YouTube ) has a video. Opened the cd player and pulled out the jammed cd's . And it all works now . Saved myself $200. To have the stereo shop fix it . The cd's got stuck two years ago.

John Noe
0

i just bought a 2004 G35 Coupe and noted that this was an issue. they replaced the part i needed to get everything working again only to go out a few days later. after reading forums i am a bit frustrated that this issue is not corrected by Infiniti. when i first test drove the car it was cold and the windows where became foggy should this be a recall since i couldnt see and was driving?

Jcronkhite12
20

Unfortunately they did a partial recall on some 03's . I think the US will only force a recall if its a safety issue

spivey24
30

This is a followup to my previous post. I had the entire center console go out on my G35, and had the radio fixed by the ebay user xw1600. It worked great for about a month, then the reception/antenna went out on the radio. I ripped the whole thing apart again and checked the antenna and conections and everthing was fine. So I have a center console now, but no radio.

Pizzedoff
30

Anyone Know if this "Metra Infiniti G35 2003-2004 2-DIN Turbo Install Kit" Has installation instructions?

You think this is helpful.
Pizzedoff
30

Looks Like I just answered my own question.. Instruction Manual: http://documents.victorytechnologies.com/documents/product/9438.pdf

rhepungus
0

I have the same problem, 2003 G35 coupe. Is the key in the Metra unit or the aftermarket radio? I see there are a couple of recommendations as far as radios are concerned. Not too sure if only those particular models work. I actually want a Clarion CX501 Double Din radio. Just want to be sure that in combination with the Metra will work. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

haloswin9
20

I had all the same problems and like Johnny0514 above, i took it to the guy in el monte, ca and he fixed it for $200. it took an hour and he was a super nice guy. doesn't speak much english but enought to communicate what he did. even gave me a 6 month warranty on his work and the parts. thanks Johnny0514 for listing the info. without you, i would have paid $1500 at the dealer. what a scam that is. good luck everyone.

Infinitigirl
20

I just purchased a new-to-me 2004 Infiniti I35. Just started having the same problem with the air blowing non-stop. Would I need the same kit as for the G35 do you think?

grantG35
140

Most likely you need the circuit board worked on that controls heat/air and radio. It's a $200 to $300 fix. GrantG35

watsgood
0

so basically, what you guys are saying is if i replace the stereo, my a/c & radio problems will be over?

carnyfoik
0

It started with my CD player jamming, but the am/fm radio worked. My AC always works fine though. Then teh radio started to go in and out and making "pop" sounds. I could useually fix it by slaming the upper compartment drawer, but that doesnt work anymore. The ST light is on i can change channels and all the buttons work, just no sound. Should i send the head unit back or replace with a aftermarket head unit?

Adrian Fabio
35

idk why u have a electric problems in your g i never had one with nothing i own 2 of them 03 and 04 6 speed never had a problem with anything...

jasheeky
0

Anyone have a contact in Houston, TX who will fix this for cheap like the guy in California does?

Nisha917
20

I am so glad I read these posts. I have an 03 G35 Sedan...a CD got stuck, the radio stopped working, then my AC broke. I'm going to purchase the Metra Installation Kit and have my mechanic put it in for me. You guys have given me hope...I seriously do not want to give the dealership $1200 and I do not want a car note...so, I'll try this and hope that it works! If not, looks like I'll be purchasing a new car sooner rather than later. I live in Mississippi and it's hot as hell here. Thanks guys!

emax03
10

Does anyone know how The gentlemen on Ebay fixes The head unit? Id amagine it is a loose connection that needs to be soddered. Seeing that this problem occurs intermetantly at first and people have mentioned smaking The head unit and have reported a temporary fix. This tells me it is a connection problem. I almost guarantee this problem can be fixed for free by anyone who can remove The head unit and knows how to use a sodder gun. I will go at it one on one this weekend if know one has tech,info regarding The repair.

kusiye
10

Here is the info for the guy in So Cal, call him and ask him I am sure he wil be able to help (626) 757-0465. He fixed my radio and climate control issue for less than $200, i'm happy to report. All of you having the same issue with your Infiniti G35, call him he knows what he is doing.

Erinn Sentner-Mule
10

I had the same problem on my G35. I filed a complaint with Infinity USA and was there was nothing they could do since my car wasn't the right VIN number. The dealership said it would cost $1300 to repair and they would have to remove the entire radio/climate control unit and send it to the "only place in the county" that can fix it and I would not get it back for 3 weeks to a month! I am now driving a car that is stuck on 79 degrees blowing full blast! I am supposed to drive my car around like this until they get my radio back!!! I don't understand how this can be acceptable to Infinity. If this is what they are like to work with, I will NEVER own another infinity.

Pizzedoff
30

Get the http://www.metraonline.com/part/Infiniti_G35_Dash_kit_95-7605 It costs very little in comparison. I got a car stereo place to install it, have had it for months now and works great!

Erinn Sentner-Mule
10

This is how my car came back to me from the infinity dealership. I am not sure that the part that you mentioned will fit this entire area?

Heggleston328
20

I suggest getting the jdm double din kit. The buttons are oem quality. I have seen the metra double din kit in person and it looks very cheap. I have the jdm double din kit installed on my car with a double din nav system that has free hd radio, live traffic updates, weather and news, usb, auxilary custom light dash color and it plays dvd's. The system has a quick respone time. There is no delayed button reaction. The system is a jvc kwnt3hdt. The system looks and sounds great and it has a detach face plate. Don't have the car off with the radio on because your battery will be garbage.

Johnny_6
0

03 G35 sedan, same problem, did Metra kit but lasted only a couple months, now I'm back where I started. Sounds like that guy in Calif is best bet, but I'm going to complain to Infiniti first. I'm a little surprised as in all these posts I haven't seen many that had a 2nd problem with the Metra.

w2lucky
30

The applicable VINs for the Voluntary Service campaign are: JNKCV51E*3M000014 thru 026621. It is refered to as ITB03-007 and it has to do with replacing the audio finisher circuit board. My radio display went blank this morning and along with that my controls for the climate control system stopped working. Radio could operate from the steering wheel. I banged the sides, checked all other elctrical systems (windows, mirrors, etc...) and all others work just fine. As two separate systems are failing simultaneously (stereo display/controls and climate control) the common element is the circuit board as both are plugged into it. Not sure why so many in this string are replacing their steroes (unless they want to). As for a Metra kit, any car audio technician can easily identify what you need as well as replace the circuit board, and select the right harness. Call you local Best Buy and ask them these same questions. And yes, the kit for a 2003 G-35 comes with the exact console fitting audio/climate control casing as seen in the picture above posted by psychomotif. I've seen it.

jillq
0

I am having a similar problem but I have a 2006 G35! At first my CD got stuck but it smoked and smelled terrible. I brought it in to a car stereo place and they sent it out for repair. Said it had a part that malfunctioned. (? rheostat or something) The CD now works fine but I intermittently lose volume which might have been happening before. It only happens when I first start the car or a phone call comes in through the bluetooth. I have to restart the car to fix but this may have to be done multiple times. Banging things doesn't work and steering wheel controls don't fix the volume. My A/C works fine and all other functions except sound work fine. I think a speaker might have briefly gone out about a month ago a couple of times but I though maybe it was just the song at the time. From reading all the posts here and on other boards I am still not clear if replacing the stereo will fix this problem or if it is the circuit board itself or if I should look at the amp. The connections are fine.

CONNOR291cameron
0

I own a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan. The radio was replaced in 2006 by Infiniti. The radio died again July 2013, steering wheel controls dead, air conditioning 20 degrees C with NO adjustments available. Infiniti wanted $225. to tell me what was wrong, would not give me an estimate on replacing the radio until they checked it out. Told them I already knew what was wrong and could not justify paying $225 for nothing. Phoned Infiniti customer service who told me the warranty had expired! Danmax Electronics , 2311 Anson Dr. Mississauga, telephone 905-673-0090 fixed it for $350. and everything is now working thanks to the information on this site. Ralph

fxgeek
0

Hi folks, looks like I'm the first FX35 (2006) to have this exact issue. AC full blast, no control of HVAC or Stereo, not even from steering wheel. I pulled every fuse I could think of in both boxes and they are fine. I'm way past my warranty period. I found the control assembly (finisher) part online ($470) and the radio $1650! If anyone finds the fix, I'm quite comfortable pulling the radio and soldering so let me know. Thanks.

w2lucky
30

to fxgeek - the climate system controls are on the Bose sound system receiver. I sound system failure takes out the climate system (fails on auto). After way too much trouble-shooting, I took mine to an audio store and they showed me the problem. I bought the Metra kit and a new flat screen Pioneer system and problem is gone. Why Infiniti won't stand up and fix this problem is beyond me.

fxgeek
0

Thanks w2lucky. I did make an appointment with the dealership, I'm just trying to exhaust all DIY options before I spend $1,000+ on the fix. Any chance the receiver is simply unplugged or something?

fxgeek
0

Just a follow up, I pulled the panel and the radio, checked all wiring harnesses. Something very interesting I noticed on a youtube video... a guy is removing the radio with the car power on. Right after he disconnects the front panel switches, the AC comes on full tilt. The screen however, was still ON. So for kicks I ordered the switch assembly. If it doesn't work, the radio gets tossed. Either way I'll still be out less $$ than letting the dealer burn me on part costs as well as labor. + this way I get to satisfy my curiosity.

w2lucky
30

I was hoping that was the case myself but sorry, it's a bad audio system and the dealer will tell you it needs to be replaced. Of course, they will not guarantee a repeat performance by your new (but identical) audio system. It really amazes me that the climate controls are part of the audio system and no way to separate them. Bad design. I paid $550 for both the audio system I wanted and the Metra kit from Amazon. Less than the dealer wanted $650 to replace the audio system plus their $90 rate for labor. Hope it works out for you.

efish
0

Has anybody had any quality issues with the Metra kits? I've read mixed results about them and the JDM folks trash Metra. A good excuse to get a new radio system. This does seem to be the best option and based on all these posts, I'm doing some self diagnosis here and ready to buy one for what seems to be a bad circuit board.

Pizzedoff
30

I have had no problems at all with the quality of it, but I did make sure I got a car stereo guy to install it.

efish
0

To be sure and since I'm paranoid about this, this new Metra kit displaces the failed - or rather bypasses the failed board that controls for heater/AC and radio. The new controls are now in the Metra board and you need to purchase a new radio system. This can easily be installed by an audio installed like Best Buy. Do I have this correct?

w2lucky
30

Yes efish. The metra kit has separate climate control system and thus removes the real problem (having both stereo and climate controls on the same piece of hardware). To answer your first post I had mine put in at Best Buy about 6 months ago and no problems at all.

nporter118
0

fxgeek I have a FX35 2007 and experiencing the same problem I have an appointment on thursday with the dealership...They are charging me 135 to put it on diagnostic machine to tell me what is the exact problem. Please let me know what was the outcome of the changes you made.

kusiye
10

Don't waste your money by going to the dealer, it will cost you between $1400-1700 depending on the dealer. I actualy had mine repaired by a guy in so cal. He adverstizes on Ebay and guarantees his work. Here is the info for the guy in So Cal, call him and ask him I am sure he wil be able to help (626) 757-0465. He fixed my radio and climate control issue for less than $200, now about 2 years ago and have not had any problems. You can either remove the radio and send it to him or drive down there and have him take care of it. I happen to be going there and it took less than 2 hrs to repair. All of you having the same issue with your Infiniti G35, call him he knows what he is doing.

jillq
0

I also broke down and bought the Metra kit and a pioneer radio through Crutchfield. I had it installed through a local car stereo shop. So far so good! They were not really able to make my steering wheel controls work like they should but I think that is the fault of the local shop. Otherwise works great.

Michael Brown
0

Cant say enough about the guy listed above, took my torn apart dashboard car to him and in 30 minutes he fixed the stereo, and conditioner controller and put it all back together. Also fixed the light on my clock. Highly recommend him (626) 757-0465. He fixed my radio and climate control issue for less than $200, El Monte California XW Electronic company

graphex101
10

Tom I have a 2004 G35 Coupe that is experiencing issues with the stereo only. I had it replaced by Infiniti about 5 years ago when the CD player would go in & out. Worked good up until about 4 months ago when the stereo would intermittently stop playing, even though all of the lights stayed on. I would leave the power on and it sometimes pops like a bad connection and would play again. I can change channels but have no volume control. I called Infiniti and they said it could be "crossed wires", but I would have to pay them $135.00 to diagnose it, then about 1,200 to fix. BS! I've watched enough videos on removal and reassembly to be able to send him just the stereo.

carloss
0

I have a 2004 G35 coupe, my problem Is radio and ac work sometimes. When it does work the ac, radio & dashboard all light up and work. Sometimes the radio, ac and also the dashboard don't light up. When it does want to work I'm driving and sometimes it randomly turns off and ac goes on blast and buttons don't work. I took it to the gentleman above from El Monte and he could not fix the problem, he said it might be a wiring problem or the circuit board. Anyone else have this problem or have someone that can fix it in the Los Angeles / So cal area.

blunt563
10

I have a 2007 g35s sedan I'm currently having an issue with my stock bose stereo system, so Basically what happens is my stereo never works in the cold weather it will occasionally make a popping noise when the weather warms up my stereo starts working but before it does work it maks a popping noise sounds like it's coming from the rear subwoofer had anyone had this issue??

spivey24
30

To further follow up on my previous posts. I had my radio repaired by xw1600 on ebay a couple of years ago. Its gone out again like before. So I would consider any fix to be temporary. Now I get to decide whether to replace the whole unit or get it repaired again.

TBark
10

The problem is 2-3 loose resistors on the stereo main board. That's how the So Cal fellow fixes these stereos. I did my own on about an hr. I just refloated the solder pts.

You think this is helpful.
riothng
0

TBark is exactly correct and thank you so much for the clue. My issue was similar with the radio display not working, the AC stuck on, but the steering wheel controls working. Here are the two videos you need to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-rdnWKHFk to see how to remove the stereo unit. Then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHWDuE7blM to see where resistors r509 and r510 are which probably need to be re-soldered. I watched both, had a friend assist and it took us about two hours. We also had a good quality electrical soldering iron. When he touched r509 and r510 both resistors were loose. We were not sure it was going to work but a little solder and when we reinstalled it was exactly the cure. I can't believe that Nissan / Infiniti didn't warranty this Clarion part. Really poor customer service. Hope this helps you.