Car shakes and jerks

jayamahes
0

Asked by jayamahes Jan 26, 2010 at 02:01 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

When I start my car in the morning, It shakes and vibrates the engine. This happens even when I stop at traffic lights and try to accelerate as well. I am not able to move more than 30mph. Engine check indicator is on now. When I checked the indicator, It has shown as "Ignition coil circuit error". I took the car to my mechanic. He checked everthing and said "No problem". But the problem is happening randomly. Can you give me a suggestion on this?

Andrew Hartman
145

Sounds like you're having a problem in the engine electronics so the engine is not firing properly and is missing or running very rough. This isn't going to "go away" and needs to be fixed. Go to a better mechanic.

Eric Poirier
105

change your coil :)

chaudry
0

My car just started do the same as you described, did ever found what was wrong with the car? Thanks,

Alfred Callahan
10

The 2002 Hyundai Elantra we are trying to fix is having the same type of problems. The only thing that I can add is that the car refuses to hold a charge on the battery. We have replaced the battery and the alternator but the problem continues. Should we then look at the voltage regulator or maybe the computer. The other problem we have noticed is that after a jump and while leaving the jumper cables on the car seems to work fine, but once we remove the jumper cable and the car warms up it begins to misfire so bad that it looks like the engine is going to jump out from under the hood, the then will not start on it's own and the misfiring continues until it quits running.