Canister Contol Valve vs Canister Pruge Valve

Laudia
25

Asked by Laudia Jan 07, 2013 at 02:43 PM about the 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX

First of all, are they the same animal?  I'm trying to see if this is part of whats consider the major emissions system.  The mechanic used the words "canister control valve" but when I went on line all I'm coming up with is "canister purge valve".  If they are the same, then I'm thinking I should be covered under the 8yrs/80k emissions performance warranty.

49,595

Since it's possible warranty work, ask the dealer. They will have to diagnose it before repairing anything.

Laudia
25

Canister Contol Valve and Canister Purge valve, are they the same thing?

shaggy1981

yes they are the same thing.

You think this is helpful.
James Warner
1,700

someone is using very poor word choice with you im afraid. they are 2 seperate components on your car. there is a canister close valve which is in the back of the vehicle. its job is to seal off the evap system for vapor recovery and to do self check of the system. if it is malfunctioning it will usually set a leak code such as p0442 p0445 or p0456. the purge valve is a different component up on the engine that is used to supply vacuum to the evap system to actually pull the vapors into the engine for reburn.if its bad it will usually set a code p0441. so no they are not the same thing

Best Answer
James Warner
1,700

also unfortunately both of these parts are warrantied for 5 years or 60,00 miles on the factory warranty.

You think this is helpful.
Laudia
25

Thank you James for you thorough response. Much appreciated. There seem to be great misunderstanding of the two parts, even on this forum.

James Warner
1,700

thank you. unfortunately its not just on this forum im afraid. good luck with the repairs