97 hond accord wont start unless i pull coil wire out and hold it by the cap then the car will start it get fire and gas

jalisa12
0

Asked by jalisa12 Aug 18, 2013 at 02:55 PM about the 1997 Honda Accord Special Edition

97 honda accord se wont start unless i pull coil wire out of the cap it get gas and fire

30,435

You unplug the coil wire and then it starts? Or just hold it up to keep it from touching other components?

Best Answer
30,435

Could be bad coil wire and or bad cap. How long since they been replaced?

jalisa12
0

I replace the wire and plugs and dist,and dist.cap and coil

30,435

jalisa12
0

When I hold the wire I can see fire shot in the cap it take a wild to start but it will start

30,435

What motor do you have?

jalisa12
0

Yea

jalisa12
0

2.2 liter. It not v- tech

30,435

http://autorepair.about.com/library/firing_orders/bl-fo-5395.htm -- double check that plug wires are on correctly.

14,185

Sounds like fouled out spark plugs to me.

jalisa12
0

Yes I did that

jalisa12
0

I just put new plug in I thought that to I am smelling gas on the plugs

jalisa12
0

Also I no when I turn the key on position the park light and d4 have a green light on did it go out

14,185

Fuel mixture too rich, either need a carb adjustment or overhaul.

jalisa12
0

But wouldn't the car run ruff after it start when the car start up it runs great

14,185

Sorry I misread your year, have you had the codes pulled? There could be some in memory that will help with diagnosis, it still sounds like a rich fuel condition, will it blow any black smoke out of the tailpipe just after initial start up?

jalisa12
0

There was a code of miss fuse 1 -3- 4 so that why I tune it up now there no code In there sense I tune it up but it still doing the same

jalisa12
0

But if it run to rich or mix what should I do to fix the problem