rev up and down in park

kimmy01
0

Asked by kimmy01 Mar 20, 2012 at 01:18 PM about the 1998 Honda Civic EX

When I put it in park after driving it it revs up 2000 psi's and down and up Do you know what causes this?

Takoda Fraser
795

idle air control valve should be on the back of your intake manifold with 2 wires going to it and 2 coolant lines.

kimmy01
0

Thank you Takoda!!! Most helpfull!

Takoda Fraser
795

no problem

Joseph Gahol
915

same thing happened to me... either a bad IAC or a dirty intake manifold...or probably a vaccum issue?

kimmy01
0

Thank you Anthony! I will check both!

Goletacivic
0

does this make your valves to burn up. i have the same problem when in neutral at a stop it rev's up and down. and i have a valve tapping but my oil level is fine.