do i have to drop the gas tank to replace fuel pump on 98 civic dx?

boxdropper1
0

Asked by boxdropper1 Feb 19, 2013 at 01:35 PM about the 1998 Honda Civic DX

45,695

It looks like you can replace the fuel pump using a hatch under the back seat. I found these instructions: 1. Release fuel pressure at fuel filter. 2. Remove the rear lower seats. 3. Remove fuel pump service hole cover. 4. Unplug wire connector. 5. Disconnect fuel and return hose. 6. Remove holding screws. 7. Pull fuel pump assy out, take care not to damage or bend the float.

7jimmy7
9,395

any way to check the pressure,that would save doing a pump for nothing?low pressure will act like that,if pump cut the floor out with pannel cutter, makes life easy ,on an older car so what! course im not a pro. and dont want to be,,NEXT?

mperrenoud
55

To remove the fuel pump you do not have to drop the tank. There is an access panel that is under the rear seat bottom cushion. The fuel pump relay is behind the glove box against the outer part of the body.

Tyler Sims
45

relays are notorious for going bad had to replace mine 4 times but they are a lot cheaper than a fuel pump so id start with that and yes just there should be a 10mm bolt between the back and bottom of the seat that holds down the bottom of the seat and there will be a cover with like 3 screws fuel pump is under that