Transmission

Renae Aalgaard Olwin Sutcliffe
35

Asked by Renae Oct 07, 2008 at 10:51 AM about the 2000 Honda Accord EX

What did Honda do with the 2000 Accords transmissions that they are so bad?

A Facebook user
25

Ye Honda transmissions arent good! My mate had a Prelude the transmission didnt last long!

Renae Aalgaard Olwin Sutcliffe
35

No, that's not true. My daughter has a 1999 Honda Accord and a 2007 Honda Pilot and neither of them have that problem. I am going to try Amsoil transmission fluid and see if that helps. I bought my car in 2002 and it is a 2000. It is still going strong, it just hesitates when I accelerate.

Adam Morgan
4,665

I'm sorry to tell you Honda is kinda known for having sketchy transmissions... Most won't have trouble but a relatively large number have issues... If you goto a review site and look up almost any honda since the mid 90's and sort rating worst to highest you'll many complaints about the tranny's. Seems most prevalent in the minvans, but that's my experience. Also many of the Hondas require a certain fluid or a fluid converter, so make sure that doesn't apply to your vehicle before you replace the fluid...

Renae Aalgaard Olwin Sutcliffe
35

It has been researched by my fiance

Adam Morgan
4,665

Just giving you a heads up that ATF only exceeds the lubrication requirements. There currently isn't a standard testing for an ATF anti-shudder properties with respect to the slip-lock clutches in the transmission.... yada-yada ...expect hard shifts if you don't use the Honda Z1 SAE and Ilsac have information on this if you want to check it out.

Adam Wood
295

In addition to what Mr Morgan said, you might try a transmission additive. My 94 LeSabre was shifting slightly harder than I liked so I added Slick 50 Trans additive(trans, oil and fuel) and it ran smooth thereafter. You might try that last I checked it was around $15 for the trans additive.