I tried to super glue the plastic piece to that turns the headlights on the dash now that piece is off but the cross shaped part that actually turns is stuck on the off position!

rudy0821
0

Asked by rudy0821 Sep 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM about the 2001 Ford Taurus SE

I've tried acetone but it's still not budging and i'm afraid to completely break it (one tiny piece of the cross shaped 'switch already broke). Any ideas? Also is there a way to bypass that switch and turn on lights so I can get to work and back while
i try to get this permanently fixed?

Ronc258
2,790

You are better off going to the local scrape yard and buying a nother switch then you are tring to fix the old one. A new one in a 1998 chev cavalier cost me $50. Don't waste your time tring to fix the old one