2004 civic exi problems

anis333
0

Asked by anis333 Jan 10, 2013 at 07:40 AM about the 2004 Honda Civic EX

hi i changed the automatic transmission of my 2004 honda civic three times in three years does this
show a manufacturing problem in these cars?

Michael Mierzejewski
2,330

Theres nothing wrong with these units from the factory. Either theyre being installed incorrectly, not being maintained, or youre abusing the vehicle.

DavidH25

I agree. Are you installing them yourself? There is no reason, other than what Michael said, to have to go through a transmission every year. Come to a complete stop before going from reverse to Drive for example, things like that...and if a shop has been doing them I hope you didn't pay them everytime, if you have been they will continue to rip you off until put a stop to it

2,605

my question is what went wrong with the first transmission that required it to be replaced?

DavidH25

I have no way, I don't think any of us here, would have a way of knowing that without much more information, like actually seeing the car..sorry 'bout that, just some things can't be done on this forum. I really wish I could be more help

2,605

i was asking the person who posted this lol

DavidH25

I was not paying attention..good grief, my bad, I thought it was the original guy asking..somebody slap me

2,605

its one of those days

menocar
0

Fact, 2001 Civic automatic transmissions are garbage. They got better with each year afterwards. I've never hear of a 2004 having this sort of problem. Are you using the proper fluid? Changing it regularly? Transmission cooler clean and free of junk? The thing that USUALLY kills automatic trannys is heat. If your cooler is clogged that's your problem. I'd go with an external bypass cooler and bypass the weak factory in-the-radiator tranny cooler.