Grinding noise after the head lights shut off

gs3061
10

Asked by gs3061 Jan 06, 2013 at 11:06 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

When the head lights are shut off and they do go down like they should. There is a grinding noise like a motor trying
to do something, after the lights are down what is this

45,675

It could be the motor that lowers the headlight into the body does not shut off when it should.

gs3061
10

Yeah that makes sense, thank you. Would u have any ideal what the cost could be if it is the motor ?

45,675

The first place I look for parts is RockAuto.com - they have a large selection and good prices. The second place I check is eBay because some one might be parting out a car. In your case, find out what's causing the motor to run before buying anything. It could be a limit switch or something that needs adjusting.

gs3061
10

Thank you

aaacar
185

SWITCH IN HEADLIGHT MOTOR HAS A SHUT OFF LEVER THATS AJUSTED TO THE CLOSING OFLAMPS, IT MAY BE OUT OF ADJUSTMENT, LOOK AROUND MOTOR FOR ARM OR LEVER COMING OUT OF THE MOTOR.

Charly52
30

It could be that the plastic gears in the headlight motor have stripped their teeth it is a simple fix and Ecklers offer brass gears so it doesn't happen again.