We have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. What is the best oil interval change time? What type of oil? Will there be a dash indicator light when due?

Marioa
0

Asked by Marioa Mar 13, 2013 at 01:16 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Veloster RE MIX

judge_roy

3000 miles standard grade, 10,000 on synthetic......personally do not trust synthetic, 'cause you must check the level...religeously.

judge_roy

please don't rely on 'dash guages', but on when you KNOW is due. Yer oil change guys make with a clear decal in the corner of your windsheild (the good ones do.)-

45,675

Hyundai sells a 4 year maintenance pkg that includes the oil change every 5k miles. Follow whatever interval Hyundai recommends, save your receipts and keep a log of maintenance items if there is a warranty question in the future. --- Today's engines are made of better materials, oils have a higher quality and crankcases are a larger capacity than what was standard when the 3,000 mile change was recommended. --- You can send samples of your oil in for testing to see how much life was left at your last change and adjust accordingly. This site will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about automobile lubrication. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/

45,675

Just remember that that sticker on your windshield was put on by the guy that sells the oil change service. The more oil they pour in, the more money they make.

Mike Nash
20

Pre-sale I was told my Veloster would need an oil change every 7,500. Post sale I was told every 3,000. Oh I wish I'd bought a Prius becasue this car drinks the gas. Best MPG, 27. That's a far cry from the 32/40 on the sticker.

judge_roy

2007 Prius with over 140,000 miles on it still gets 49 MPG!!---my wife's car~

judge_roy

the Japanese cars are like waaaaay better----ooof~

Flappie
0

I've got an Polo TDI with around 140,000 mile and get 70 mpg....

Josh Grimes
0

I get an average of 36mpg, but maybe its my manual skills?