I have had my eye on a 1989 Volvo 780 Bertone.It only has 60,000 original miles, no rust at all, no dings, chips or scratches. It needs a resister swith for the heat and the electric drivers side seat does not move. Many people have told me not to buy it because parts will be hard to find. The car is a collectable. Can I please have some opinions?Have a great all,Barbara

babsb67
5

Asked by babsb67 Feb 02, 2013 at 03:44 PM about the 1989 Volvo 780 Turbo

joef
4,055

Just make sure that you have some understanding of vehicle electronics and mechanics before you buy it. It has little miles on it and sometimes with a car that is 24 years old that can actually be a bad thing because it means that it may have sat for a long time but don't take my word for it. Ask the owner how long it has sat. I would go ahead with it... The parts won't be horribly hard to find. A mechanic will be able to get them for you. I own an 89 Lincoln Mark VII and everyone told me that I wasn't gonna be able to find parts for it before I bought it but I get parts no problem. Good luck.