Problem with car alarm and especially the buzer/chime- rings constantly!

Bob76C4C2911
0

Asked by Bob76C4C2911 Oct 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM about the 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 AWD

2 problems- maybe related?  My alarm goes off for no reason once car is locked- may take hours/ or minutes- thought it was a bad connection in the courtesy light- replaced it- still goes off.  Also- the buzzer/chime that rings when you open the door with the key in it is going off constantly- I mean ALL the time while driving- how can I disconnect it?  where is the disconnect or chime located in the dash?  Is it accessible?  The car is stored a lot in winters in MA - only 50,00o mi. on it- otherwise perfect condition C4 Coupe.  Any advic e would be appreciated..... Thank you.  Bob O'Meara- e-m: mgtdva@gmail.com

30,335

Sounds like your driver side door switch might be bad. I would remove switch and see if it stops the ding. Not sure how yours works but some of these switches are actually making the ground(negative) side of the circuit when the door is open. Hope this helps.