my 1989 camry has a mechanism located near the rear axle that is in series with the brake lines to the rear wheels. It is rusted so bad it cannot be easily replaced or repaired. What happens if I omit that and run lines straight to the brakes? Will they still work?

Beastdriver
0

Asked by Beastdriver Sep 26, 2013 at 08:16 PM about the 1989 Toyota Camry Deluxe Wagon

my 1989 camry has a mechanism located near the rear axle that is in series with the
brake lines to the rear wheels. It is rusted so bad it cannot be easily replaced or repaired.
What happens if I omit that and run lines straight to the brakes? Will they still work? What
is it's function and what difference will it make in functionality?

3,790

Not sure but I think it's a junction box that allows the brake fluid to go in two separate directions. If you omit it, how will you be able to send fluid to both rear brakes? There is usually a main line that comes down the frame into the junction box, then one line to the left, and one line to the right........