98 Dakota stutters like running out of gas

Redkevin
0

Asked by Redkevin Oct 31, 2009 at 03:16 PM about the 1998 Dodge Dakota 2 Dr Sport 4WD Extended Cab SB

Sometimes my Dakota stutters like it is running out of gas. If I put the pedal to the floor it will power through it. Fuel pump was replaced
a year ago and spark plugs too. Usually happens when going up a hill then loses power like it's starved for fuel. Any ideas?

Nicolas Dufresne
35

Try to run it without gaz cap...maybe the vent is clugged....My truck did the same, I tried this and it look to be OK since that time...

jml12345
1,265

i had an s-10 that did the same thing on hills . heres an old jeep trick that works, but cops hate it . when your coming to a hill floor it until your near the top then let the momentum take you over the hill. by the way you meant sputters not stutters. dont take the gas cap off. some vehicles wont start with it off.