Is the Hyundai veloster a good car for me??

Californiaman15
10

Asked by Californiaman15 Mar 16, 2013 at 03:48 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Base

I'm graduating highschool soon and
the Hyundai veloster & and the
nissan juke was on my list I really like
both it's just the hyundai is sporty
looking and the Nissan is a little
faster right? If I get the hyundai I'm
gonna get a manual also the only
manual I've ever driven was a 1973
volkswagon beetle...speaking of
witch i drive a 2003 volkswagon
beetle gls diesel the 0-60 is about
14.0 sec....that's really really sad!!! I
defiantly want something significantly
faster than that! Lol I'm looking for
something I can take with me
through collage, and I would like to
be able to carry friends If I have to!
Lol I defiantly want something that is
gonna be a lot cheaper in matinees
my car now cast me about $80-100
for a basic oil change :/ I'm kinda
running out of money and time on
this car! Hahaha I want a good safe
reliable car that's good on gas! But I
would like to know if the Hyundai
veloster manual is hard to drive.

Thanks I know it's a lot :/

Racer_X
11,905

Personally, I think the Nissan Juke will serve you better as far as a reliable vehicle goes. Yes, the Hyundai Veloster looks very cool, I like it myself...BUT Korean cars are NOT up to par with Japanese with reliability and build quality and the Veloster is too new to determine what problems it will no doubt encounter down the road. Save yourself the drama and heartache, kid. :)

wolfman181
20

veloster is expensive if you order all the bells and whistles reason why veloster is a little slow is it has same engine as accent although you could order the veloster with bigger engine or get the hatchback accent it looks somewhat like the veloster juke is goood too cost more than the veloster though you could go with the kia soul looks a little like the juke butr cheaper

Californiaman15
10

@racer_x yah I think you are probably right, in the long run I will be glad I got it! Thanks! Now I just need to figure out if I want a manual or automatic lol does anyone have a preference? Does the juke have a good gearbox when it comes to driving a manual?

Racer_X
11,905

I haven't driven a Juke, but I did own (actually leased) a 350Z a few years ago with a 6 spd manual, which had short shift throws...so I'm sure the manual trans in the Juke has a very good gearbox ...However, you'll need to step up to the SV model to get it...Base Model S only comes with the CVT auto tranny. Specs are pretty good...188 HP on a 1.6L Turbocharged 4 cylinder on a small crossover SUV like that should fast enough for you :)

wolfman181
20

i would go with the automatic if you live in california because too much stop and go too much shifting can you afford 25,000 for the car

Californiaman15
10

@racer_x ok I'll just have to go test drive one, and I reall want the leather trim model!

Californiaman15
10

@wolfman181 that would be true, but.... I don't live in California anymore :( I live in Seattle Washington now! :)