Santa Fe engine stalls at low speed

Flin2
0

Asked by Flin2 Feb 17, 2014 at 02:50 PM about the 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS V6 AWD

My 2011 Santa Fe has now stalled 3 times at very slow speed. The first 2 times in a parking lot ---no problem. The last time, coming down Phoenix South Mountain Park road right at the top--- huge problem, lost  power steering and power brakes while turning on a steep narrow road with 1,000 ft drop over the edge. Fortunately the car behind was far back.We managed to stop, put the car in park and restart. Scared the hell out of us. I see other people are having the same problem, so Hyundai is aware of the defect, we were close to being killed. This problem has to be fixed. I hope we don't have to wait till the law suits start. We love the vehicle, but if this isn't addressed soon we will not be buying another one.  I'm thinking W5 or the I Team or something similar looking into it may be required to get their attention.

Jpete18295
10

Check out the stalls on right hand turns is the same as yours and has 23 answers