Safety of the Hyundai Santa Fe

d1pst1ck
0

Asked by d1pst1ck May 14, 2012 at 02:38 PM about the 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD

I just bought a new 2012 Santa Fe.  I had done a lot of research on small SUVs, and I was first interested in the Tucson, but when I test drove the Santa Fe, I liked it better.  The reviews I read about the Santa Fe didn't trumpet its safety, as they did the Tucson's, but they referenced its high rating by the IIHS.  After I purchased it, however, I discovered that the NHTSA gave the Santa Fe five stars for side impact for the front passengers, but only one star for rear seat passengers.  We have two teenaged kids who will often be in the back seat, so this is concerning to us. Should I be worried that I just bought an unsafe car?

Richard Schroer
2,625

one star is very poor- they should be at least 3 or above to be safe.

Curtis Baggett
415

I would try to get out of it if you can. Look up pictures on google, or search death rates. Same as most Asian cars.