I'm looking to acquire the Audi S5 as my "sport car" ...does it earn the title?

Rickey White Jr.
35

Asked by Rickey Jun 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM about the 2012 Audi S5 4.2 Quattro Premium Plus

Soo I'm will be dividing our house up this Fall by acquire my first Audi. I do want it to
serve as my "sports car" but NOT to drive everyday.

I have rented a few other sports cars before, however I don't want the $60k plus cost. I'd
really prefer a used Audi and it MUST a have manual transmission.

judge_roy

...well if it's a two seater, and has a disproportionally large motor for it's size IS a sports car...an "SUV" sport-utility vehicle has NOTHING to do with sports...it's like "butter flavor" ain't butter~

judge_roy

The A4 all aluminum is a sports car....may have four doors but the hp/weight ratio makes it so~

judge_roy

seek out a lonely road out in the desert and open 'er up a bit~ you'll know from sport then~

judge_roy

My MINI is a sports car, but isn't the cooper S, has only a 1.6 liter engine, but the 7 miles of hairpin curves near Calistoga is any driver's treat~ the MINI is THE most FUN ever!~ doesn't have to have supercharged rocket take-offs, but is fun like a go-kart~....and a fashion accessory for the wealthy~ luckily I've got the R50 with a timing chain...those poor hot rod devils with the cooper S have a timing belt~

judge_roy

2006 and only 34,000 miles on it former rental car has a few issues...the CVT automatic is a real treat...until you get used to it~ I can only recommend that you drive a MINI if you love to drive.~

James Rhodes
410

Grrr!! Don't buy the Mini Cooper!! GRR!! It's not a sportscar and looks like a goofy clown car and a odd sort of fashion statement AND will cost you out of the butt for repairs!!

Rickey White Jr.
35

LOL, thanks Judge_Roy and James... I assure you that my 6 foot 3.5inch frame will NOT be attempting to get in and out of a Mini Cooper.

judge_roy

John Cooper is six foot four...the design is a little tough to get in and out of, you kind-of have to roll yourself in, but it is CAVERNOUS---easily accommodating a tall man~

judge_roy

Test drive a MINI.

judge_roy

BMW is in charge of them, the documentation is superior...like for replacement parts....beamers are top notch~

Christopher Wood
225

Take your pick...cream of crop would be a used M3 (newer the better) or a used porsche...but there are so many options...a 2008 rs4....an s5....test drive and buy your favorite! I own a 2003 A4 and it is slooow (3.0l 6speed)...not a sports car...s4...closer...lol

Josh Holder
155

S5 supercharged V6, will plaster a stupid grin on your face every time you get behind the wheel. even an older S4, 4.2l V8, is tons of fun, not all aluminum, front body panels are Al, rear is steel, aids in achieving near perfect 52/48 front/rear weight distribution. and quattro, true others make all wheel drive but none of them put the all wheel drive in their sports cars like Audi. IF you try out a mini, make sure its the S, the non-S is a wet dog. the S can be upgraded to get much better performance out of it. a friend had a 2009 mini S with many upgrades and was comparable to my 2006 stock A4 2.0T.