does it really matter that much if the tires that we took off of our 2012 Hyundai Elantra were rated as H and we replaced the H rated tire with a T rated tire.

FastPhil
0

Asked by FastPhil Jan 06, 2014 at 12:57 PM about the 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS

we were in a position that we really could not wait to replace the tires on the car 2012
Elantra. we replaced a 205/55R-16 (H)  withe same size 205?55R-16 (T). is there a
problem with taking off the H rated and putting on a T rated

82,675

I assume you had some damage to the one you replaced? If I have to replace one tire, I like to replace it with an exact duplicate. Is it the same brand and tread pattern at least? If not. I wouldn't worry about the speed rating as much as the different compound and tread. If replacing tires, they should be replaced in pairs. How many miles do you have on the existing tires?

82,675

But with that info, you should be fine. Is it on the back?

FastPhil
0

oh I forgot that important part, We the slick winter roads and the OEM tires we had on the car we had 38,000 and the traction or lack of was the reason for replacement, the (H) rated tires were not available but the (T) rating were so we put them on?? I trust the speed ratings are important but doubt we will be going the 118 mph as rated on the T anymore than we would be doing the 130 mph of the H rated tires

82,675

Oh, so you put on all 4 new ones just a lower speed rating? You should be fine then. I read it as one tire. Sorry.

FastPhil
0

yes all four were installed. I was unsure if we put two on the front and the two best used ones on the back if that would maybe create a spin kind of issue. So thank you so much for your help.