overheating problems gauge reads cool but coolant is boiling

kaf670
0

Asked by kaf670 Nov 27, 2010 at 03:43 AM about the 1996 Chrysler Sebring 2 Dr JXi Convertible

coolant is full but it overheats on short outing...temperature gauge reads cool yet the
coolant is boiling when on highway the temp goes back to normal but in town will
overheat...thermostat was replaced last year yet the vehicle right after replacement
read hot but coolant was not hot now it is reading cold yet boiling...reservoir is full
and coolant is full im at a loss

kaf670
0

also tachometer works on and it looks as if coolant fluid has leaked on passenger side undercarriage but only class II leaks very minimal drips i just cant pinpoint if it is leaking from a location or from opening coolant cap when hot

Logan Serr
55

its prolly leaking outta your coolant over flow and sounds like an air lock or head gasket

guitars1969
120

your temperture sending unit is shot and that will prevent your fan to kick on to cool your rad ..Your sending unit is located near the themostat housing normally. good luck