car keeps overheating

Julius_Perry
0

Asked by Julius_Perry Aug 18, 2012 at 05:05 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Seville STS

5,675

Check coolant level, thermostat, cooling system pressure, radiator, waterpump. Could be all sorts of stuff

Vivek Kannan
75

Do you have t he northstar enige in her? Have you over heated really bad, becuase the Northstar has a failsafe on the engine, it should go into four cylinder mode if it over heats, running 4 cylinders, and pumping air in the other 4, to keep you from blowing the head gasket, I would start with the basics, how long has it been since you changed the radiator cap, if its bad, the system is not under the correct pressure, it could be your thermostat, or water pump, is your engine louder or do you hear a squeel or squeak, are you leaking any coolent anywhere, I need more information from ya, I had a 1992 STS but it had the 4.9 L pushroad v-8, went through 2 water pumps in her, loved that car!