No start. no crank

harleyguy54
0

Asked by harleyguy54 Aug 10, 2014 at 05:00 PM about the 2002 Cadillac DeVille Base

I have an 02 Deville with the north star.I changed the starter, and tested it before I put it
in. I have also checked all the fuses, and relays that can effect the starting, including
the ignition ones. I also checked the ground wire on the floor, and when I disconnected
it I got "sparks". When I remove the fuse panel one under the back seat, there is no
sparks at the ground' When it is all put back together and I turn The key to the start
possion, all the lights go out accept the check engine. I "HOPE" that someone can
help me with this puzzle?

T_S_T
25,405

Are you sure you hooked starter wire,s correctly?

24,245

Have you tried starting it with the transmission in neutral? Could be a bad neutral safety switch. HTH. -Jim

harleyguy54
0

Yes, I tried that, and I also tried turning the key and moving the colum up and down.

harleyguy54
0

yes , there are "only" two wires ti the starter, and they are different sizes.

harleyguy54
0

Jim, is there another way to test the "NSS"?

24,245

You can unplug it and jump it. If it starts then the neutral safety switch is bad. HTH. -Jim

Brian Boshea
10

If anyone is have the problem with the car no turning over but the lights and everything come on. It is tour neutral safety switch. Put the car in neutral and wiggle it around in neutral while turning the keyes it will start... Ice had this problem intermediate for years and have replacement many things but I just figured it out this morning. After it starts you should be. Able to put it back in park and start it with no problem

24,245

Thanks for letting us know, Brian. Glad you fixed it! -Jim

Brian Boshea
10

welwelcome, it's an inexpensive part