software issues on 2007 BMW

Alex Weishaus
65

Asked by Alex Nov 08, 2009 at 09:20 PM about the 2007 BMW 6 Series 650i Convertible

I have brought my 2007 BMW 650i in for software issues.  It was giving me fake warning messages like the S.O.S. wasn't working and that the convertable top wasn't closing, stuff like that.  This is the third time I have brought it in.  Can anybody help?

anjy834u
3,065

consult ur dealer or call companies call centre. i feel this issue can be sorted out online.

bmwmastertech4hire
1,115

if you can give me the last 7 of the vin i can look up to see what software level integration your car was programmed with.your pic shows lambo doors.is that this car? there are alot of bus systems and other wires running through the door that communicate with other control units.if the harness gets damaged it will cause alot of issues.

Luke Merry
1,045

2 Major causes of SOS warning - MOST bus failure (audio system bus line). did they bridge it correctly after programming or leave the diagnostic head in during finalisation, also check the battery. in Later Gen BMW's with the control unit load they can have a tendancy to drain the battery quick, especially if its low Km's.

Denny Dunn
195

The TCU makes the SOS light come on. But if you have modified the vehicle with the lambo doors as was stated before you might have messed something up. It's extremely complicated to do any mods on a BMW. Their shit barely works from the factory much less when people mess with it.