radio needs resetting

eisen
0

Asked by eisen Feb 04, 2013 at 12:51 PM about the 2003 BMW 5 Series 525i

Every so often I have to reset my radio, time, date and other settings. this does not happen when I am driving. It is like I loose power to the radio.

7jimmy7
13,255

it is losing power to the memory ,power goes one to power up unit,another allways on to hold power to memory,a break in this circuit from fuse to unit is intermittent

judge_roy

From experience, can say definatively that it is BAD ground. We cannot rely on the metal touching one another, or the ground of the antenna to do the job, but must connect the black wire to ground. That'll show it!

judge_roy

....hate to sound like a broken record, but LOOK at your battery teminals, they are full of corrosion, unless you've maintained it recently!

7jimmy7
13,255

thats correct, if poor connection,the starter draws so much amperage it sucks everything to 0 volts

62,605

A poor connection does not suck everything to zero volts. How can it? A clean, tight connection provides the maximum ability to transfer amperage. --- If the radio loses the data it is either the voltage on the power wire is not constant or something is wrong with the radio. Do you notice the radio reset before turning the key to "start"? If so, it's losing power while it's parked.

7jimmy7
13,255

well then, when im taking a shower and someone flushes the commode why do i get my a - - scalded

judge_roy

choice.