with a/c on only drivers side blowing cold air passenger side blos warm

greg9956
0

Asked by greg9956 Apr 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM about the 2004 BMW 3 Series 325i

18,575

Dont mess with bmw's but if you have dual zone a/c then most of the time you have a bad blend door actuator. Dont know where its located but I have put many on other vehicles with the same issue

judge_roy

those BMW silicone vacuum lines simply don't leak, so must be the instructions to activate that are gone wonky--a rotary mechanical selector, no it's a hidden behind the dash vacuum diverter and switches....I'd check for a blown fuse on the environmental control system~ then try to figure out why it blew~

Michael Branan
2,145

AS A BMW (5) OWNER, you need to clean your dual temperature sensor. It should be located in the control panel. Just look for the small vented square area, Dust can accumulate and cause the sensor to malfunction. If cleaning it from the exterior does not yield successful results, you may need to remove the panel and clean it from behind.

Hector Irizarry Duval
1,795

Both answers can be correct but it can be also that you need to refill the ac system' or you have a leak. You need to check with an ac tech

18,575

how did judge roy's answer get marked helpful? it doesnt even have vaccum actuators its all electronic. and a blown fuse does not cause this issue. did the retared pick the person with the highest reputaion and think that he is right hmmmm.

Hector Irizarry Duval
1,795

kbro the one that answers the most and gets the highest scores is not neccesarilly the most wise on the topic. but in my opinion respect is all, i write from my experiences and knowledge as a tech and the points do not matter, i am not getting money out of this, just help my fellow car owners.

18,575

I wasnt caling you out. I dont have a problem with your answer I do however have a problem with most of judge roys more than once he has giving flase information that is non debateable on how it works and in this case his answer is no help once again since it does not even use vacuum to control the actuators. I'm am also here to help and get frustrated when the wrong information is be givin out. which is no help to anyone really.

John Mcnerney
10

only people that on this type of car should answer or a certified tech such as myself I own the car and I work for BMW. Most likely it is either the cabin temp sensor as one person suggested or a blend door actuator is the possibility this the old silly water pump there is a diverter that diverts water too the passenger side coil if you have dual heating coils which were on nin export models. and as for some one suggesting low freon you mean refrigerant that cannot be the cause because he is getting cold air from one side which means the system is charged there are no separate evaporators

LisaM7
0

Can I ask a follow up question? I have a 323i and recently it seems the climate control doesn' moderate the temp. When the A/C is on it is just too cold all the time. I tried adjusting up the temp and down the fan, but i think the car is not reading the actual temp in the cabin. What to do? lisamyers77@gmail.com if you like to reply. thanks!