BMW 325Ci Roof is Leaking

BB01
0

Asked by BB01 Apr 11, 2013 at 07:17 PM about the 2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci

The roof on my BMW has leaked since I bought it 6 years ago. This has not been a problem until recently that it
has not been garaged kept. It leaks down the drivers side window frame and so profusely that the water ran into
my headlight module and caused it to burn up.  I took it to the dealer had the head light module replaced and
they blew out my sun roof drain hoses and said no more than usual were in them and checked to see if my
windshield leaked and said it was fine.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing this leak? It seems to
start just where the window frame meets the roof. Thanks

judge_roy

a well placed bead of black RTV will stop the leakage~

Hector Irizarry Duval
1,415

in my experience i had a broken sun roof pane once, and several hose leaks. where the hose connect to the pane. the thing is that to check, you'll need to get the sun roof out of the car.

judge_roy

move to California. It is beautiful, and we could always use more beautiful people!

Michael Branan
1,705

The vehicle is 10 years old. It very well could be time for a new top. Without knowing where you or the vehicle are located, the UV rays take their toll on the ragtops something ferocious, especially when not garaged. In the mean time, if you do have a black top, I agree with judge_roy on the RTV, otherwise clear silicone will do the trick, but a new top, installed with a workmanship warranty is well worth it. I gave the same advice to both of my E46 convertible driving sisters.

Michael Branan
1,705

Sorry, I misread vehicle description. It is not a CiC.