annoying vibration when car stationary

kazzie
25

Asked by kazzie Jan 08, 2008 at 05:23 AM about the 1997 BMW 3 Series 328i

my car has an annoying vibration when you rev it up between 900 - 1200 rpm stationary.
its not the exhaust engine or gearbox mountings
has anyone got any ideas

cheers
Karen

Krez
335

This could be the driveshaft or possibly a broken motor mount. I would get down and check them both.

23,595

I would speculate that perhaps you're looking at an engine miss or torque convertor problem, if you have eliminated the exhaust, engine, and transmission mounts as culprits.

Jack Chambers
35

does this happen in only cold weather. cause i had the same problem and i took it to the shop and they replaced parts to fix it and i could copy you the list of parts i replaced. mine runs perfect now

Adam Setterfield
0

Some of the 3 series have what is called a donut between the propshaft and gearbox, these tend to wear and produce slight play in the join.

Robert Charlson
2,185

Couple things could cause this to happen, transmission mounts bad or not torqued properly(16ft-lbs), worn propeller disc, worn drive shaft bearing. Check all those things out to see if their worn.

Jack Wells
85

could be transmission input shaft bearing worn out.