suddenly locked out of my 1994 325i key wont open doors

stevyg13
85

Asked by stevyg13 May 01, 2012 at 08:45 PM about the 1994 BMW 3 Series 325i

All of sudden my key or far won't open my doors...how is this possible?

jeanK
35

My son has a 1996 BMW 325i, a few times in a while back, his trunk would not open with the key, then about 6 months ago, his key began spinning around in the ignition switch when he would try to start the car. instead of the ignition catching. We first blamed the switch, then we looked at the key, it was really worn down. I went to dealer with vin #, they ordered us a new key. Fixed the problem. Maybe the same problem for you?

stevyg13
85

I wish that was the case for me...everything worked perfect 2 weeks ago...car sitting in driveway the( 2)key farbs wont open the locks & The key no longer works on all doors & trunk. 2 BMW people say different things regarding the locks one say the door lock is only mechanical the other says electrical. My guess is that it has to be electronic module what are the chances are 3 locks & 2 keys Farbs break at the same time? Cant get into the car to pop the hood to even disco the battery...Perplexed

LarchmereImports

The drivers door lock cylinder has three positions. counter clockwise locks te doors, clockwise to about 2 o clock locks all the doors, clockwise three o clock locks all doors and disables the electronic locking system so that the car can only be unlocked from the "double lock" position by unlocking the drivers door lock. The drivers door lock cylinder has an updated part that will no longer allow a "double lock" feature. This was a common failure as the lock cylinder became worn. You will want to seek repair from someone very familiar with making this repair. A BMW dealer is where a casing and tumbler kit to make a new lock cylinder can be obtained.

stevyg13
85

we will try this..will update Thanks

stevyg13
85

It end up being a dead battery (bad cell)...caused a lock out...was able to get in the trunk & power the battery then the door locks popped open...thanks for the advise all...