has anyone has problems with the Timing Chain Tensioner

revin
0

Asked by revin Oct 11, 2010 at 05:25 PM about the 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

angiesue
10

i have a 2008 cts 3.6L. 32,000 miles on it & they just had to replace the timing chain tensioner. it is a known problem w/this engine.

golfguyyyy
0

Hi - just got wife's early 2008 CTS back (33,298 mi.). She told me it had the Check Engine light on solid yellow. I took it in and they said it needs the 3 timing chains and associated parts (seals etc.) in that [3.6 D/I] engine. I got it back and seems to run fine and it only took ONE DAY to repair - that's fast. Also fyi - have had back driver side shock/strut replaced 2 mo. ago (big clunking noise coming from trunk area), and while it was in for chains, was clunking form reaer passenger side -was a strut connecting piece, not the sturt/shock itself. No noises now, all OK. All good so far - will post if something else happens going forward. Regards

mstbcamd
60

I have had this issue ever since my cts hit 90,000 miles. it was in the shop with Cadillac for 8 days the first time then 9 the next. Is this that hard to take car of..??????? Now car still shakes when stopped at light and even got stuck when driving 65 on the frwy. The RPM stuck at 3.... OMG what is going on ......

beckyo
0

I have had the same problem with the struts and timing chain. Both replaced and now it seems timing chain is acting up again at 120,000 miles.