1986 bmw 325e transmission shifter handle adjustment

Tdl12
20

Asked by Tdl12 Mar 16, 2013 at 12:06 PM about the 1986 BMW 3 Series 325e

My automatic shifter handle fell off and once it was put back on he car cannot gt into the lower gears.

judge_roy

Doesn't this one have a pushbutton integrated into the handle? Never actually seen one, but this is what disables the locking pawl, and lets you move it....you must study it's assembly, and put it back together right.~

judge_roy

Will looksee, Beamers have ALL the documentation. do a search and you'll be surprised-

judge_roy

still haven't found THE SITE- but how this pieces together cannot be all that complicated...knowing the reliability of German inginuity, won't 'thin it out' like Japanese designs, but will have a hearty connection to establish, NOT relying on plastic in any way shape or form...yes, I know quality vehicles when I've been lucky to lay a claw on them...

judge_roy

still spending all morning tryin' to find a nice exploded view of your assembly, an inexperienced Car Guru will take his time to come up with the goods....standby~

judge_roy

here's a site that will sell you all your parts and pieces to put your 5-speed shifter handle together---nice xpoded views....not gonna cut and paste....they ain't payin' me nuttin' except reputation points that you control by marking this as helpful or "MOST" helpful, if you wanted to be extra nice~ http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/products/BMW-3-Series-E21-E30-E36-E46-E90-E91-E92-E93/325i/Gear-shift-knob-plastic5-speed/1286211/25111434495.html?partner=googlebase_adwords&kwd=&origin=pla

judge_roy

got it!

judge_roy

is this for a five speed? will keep lookin' if it's wrong?

Tdl12
20

Thank you Bob for you time and effort.

judge_roy

yes, but did not solve your problem and get NO reputation points, 'cause you ain't dishin' out with them, "best answer" for twenty would be nice, but a pat on the butt, and off you go will have to do-

Best Answer
Tdl12
20

Bob, Your answer was very helpful and will help me solve my issue. Agin thank ou

judge_roy

you're quite welcome...this is the only reward that the Gurus get....your appreciation....thanks for the virtual hug!

judge_roy

would like to see you or your beamer as your avatar photo. Could this be arranged? drivers license photos work. your current car would work too, but nothing is a bit of a dissapointment.