Anyone have a/c problems with Honda Civic?

mamabrinks
120

Asked by mamabrinks May 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM about the 2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX

We have two 2010 Honda Civics and have this problem with both of them! After the car sits for a while in the hot sun, the a/c won't work when you start the car. It does start working again after you drive for a while. The first one it took us several attempts taking it to the dealers before they could figure out what was wrong with it. I am not sure how much they really looked until I brought it in and THEY saw the a/c not working. They then found it was a resistor. Now we are having a problem with the other Honda Civic, same problem...and the dealer wants us to keep bringing it in until they can get a code. Looking around online I find that there are others having this problem and that it has gone back for a few years. I wonder if this is a defect the Honda corporation knows about but it continuing to produce cars with it since it seems to only happen in warm climate areas?? Also, the dealership NEVER got a code with this problem on the first car, it was only through testing that they said it was the resistor!

kd5qhr
180

I have a 2008 Honda Civic that is suffering the same problem. The A/C compressor will cycle for a few seconds and the air out of the vents is warm at best. Today, I kept cycling the temperature control knob from cold to warm and back. After 3-4 times, the A/C stayed on and blew cold air for the next hour. I feel that there is a short, or possible a bad resistor in the temp control. I have checked the freon level and it is full. Has to be electrical.

REDNECK73
265

how often do u use your ac??? the odds its your condensor or compressor are very slim. chances it needs a charge is very high if u use your ac. alot. i live in phx az but im used to 120* heat & in 4yrs...ive only used the ac (at most) 5 times & my ac still works like a charm. ALSO if u dont use your ac on a reg basis...u need to run it on an average of 5 min every few days. i can account for that for 1 vehicle i owned. an ac units designation is to cool. when its not active...even for short periods of time spuratically...it increases your odds of the compressor seizing up. ALSO...THIS IS A MUST MUST MUST FOR THE AC TO RUN PROPERLY. theres an internal air filter on the inside passenger side. honda rec specs are replacing it every 15,000 miles. that air filter is hooked up thru the cars ac system. when its dirty...cold air isnt gonna blow cuz its being trapped by a filter that looks like a train wreck....if it looks like a train wreck. honda started putting these ac internal air filters in cars in the turn of the century.

REDNECK73
265

ul notice by the mildewie dirt smell thats emmitted from the vents. unless u smoke & u smoke in your car...if ur car doesnt have a fresh smell to it...but exactly the opposite...its most likely that filter. i smoke on a reg basis but in the since i bought it new in mar of 07...ive never smoked in it once & my car still has that new car smell. it also helps to keep the internal circulating air button switched to on meaning only circulate the air thats in the car rather than having air coming from the outside which is gonna dirty that filer faster & easier. sooooo to review...... 1. check the filter. 2. check the freon levels. 3. check to see if the compressor & condensor & evaporator are working correctly. to check these...most if not all honda dealers will check these for free called courtesy/customer service check.

REDNECK73
265

if u have any other questions...feel free to contact me @ xdrpepperedneckx@aol.com put in the subj line HONDA so i wont think its spam.

jham0617
150

I have a 2007 Honda civic. My problem started at 85k first with a clutch relay switch problem. The 3 months later it went out and then they said they had to put a software patch on the clutch relay switch. That lasted like 6 weeks, then the compressor finally went out and I filed a complaint with Honda of America. Honda corporate refused to acknowledge other Hondas with similar issues, said 2007 ac issues didn't have critical issues etc...etc.. After replacing my ac compressor with my private mechanic since Honda dealers wouldn't take responsibility for the ac compressor going out at 92k, my ac is not working again after 90. The ac they use in these Hondas just seems to be defective and Honda will not do anything about it or acknowledge it. Unbelievable.

elmerenzo
510

Hi I have a honda civic 2008 and the aircon is not working if I had a traffic or the car is idle for 30 minutues. After I run it again for 10 minutes the coldness of my a/c is again turned on. I've replaced the a/c relay and the fan but still the same problem. Can you advise me on what to do?? pls

Spelle
30

I have a 2007 Honda and one day I went to go start it and everything and the car wouldn't start nor would the hood open to jump start the car. I brought it to a mechanic and they just unhooked my a/c and the car runs fine and everything. Before that the hot air wouldn't work nor would the a/c and then there was a really bad smell. So they just unplugged it and it works

deb5deb5deb5deb5deb5
260

I have a 2008 Honda Civic. The air conditioner randomly quits working from time to time. After I drive about 20 minutes, it usually comes back on. I KNOW it must be a defect that other Honda owners are having!! It really pisses me off!! Honda should recall our automobiles and fix our problem!

greenladybug26
170

My 2008 Honda CIvic started having issues this year with the A/C. Took it to a mechanic this morning and he said it appears to be an electrical problem and the compressor isn't getting any juice. But he checked all the switches he could find and they all check out fine. He suggested I go somewhere that specializes in A/C. The blower works, but I just get hot air. I have not tried to run it for any length of time as suggested above, so I may try that and see what happens. I KNOW for a fact my cabin air filter needs replaced, but Wal Mart told me it wasn't anything that was going to cause issues, I just wouldn't be getting clean air into the cabin. If I replace this, could this be the cause of my problems???

Magnoliablues
110

I have a 2006 Civic Ex that has had repeated a/c issues. First it worked intermittently as others have described, then it stopped cooling altogether. It was "fixed" once, and the repair only lasted about 6 to 8 months. I was just told it is the compressor that is out and it will cost $1300 to replace. Now that I am seeing so many posts with similar issues, I feel this must be something Honda is aware of but chooses to do nothing about. Hmmm...class action lawsuit??

jham0617
150

I just heard from a friend that won repair bills in small claims court against Niss secretary'sbe difficult to win or force American Honda to accept responsibilty for the AC issues, but if you have your repair history, you may be able to sue through state secretarys of states to force them to pay. I tried going through American Honda, my dealership, neither one took ownership of the problem. We can also try starting a group on Facebook to publicize the pervasiveness of the problem. I firmly believe that Honda uses the same ac compressor for multiple years and models.If they do, they most likely would spend billions on a recall to fix the issue.

jham0617
150

I just heard from a friend that won repair bills in small claims court against Nissan for defective issues. She said to make a complaint through secretary's of states. It might be difficult to win or force American Honda to accept responsibilty for the AC issues, but if you have your repair history, you may be able to sue through state secretarys of states to force them to pay. I tried going through American Honda, my dealership, neither one took ownership of the problem. We can also try starting a group on Facebook to publicize the pervasiveness of the problem. I firmly believe that Honda uses the same ac compressor for multiple years and models.If they do, they most likely would spend billions on a recall to fix the issue.

alexmeneley
165

Honda civic 06, the ac keeps running once I started the engine, regardless the switch in the dashboard is on or off. any idea please.

Shantae Tatum
50

I hv an '09 Civic and is now having a/c problems. The buttons work, but my air don't cut on and neither does the hot or cold climate. I need a whole new a/c controller. I'm noticing many are having problems with their air, and this also look like a defect HONDA need to repair instead of us

Jojo Costales
80

I have a 08 Civic and is also having problems. Its obvious that Honda had a defect. I was quoted $1500 to get if fixed and there is no way i can afford that right now. How can we start a class action lawsuit so we can all get our a/c's fixed?

Tonyas
85

I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX that started acting up this year. It only works when it wants to. I can hear what seems to be the motor running on the ac but no air blows out. Also, my car just broke down. Cranks but wont start and it only has 63,000 miles on it! What the heck is Honda doing. They should be responsible for this! And my visor on the left side has cracked as well. I've been doing a lot of research online have found complaints. With just two websites totaling over 1300 complaints!! Something needs to be done!

BlueParrot
30

I also have a 2008 Honda Civic LX (with102,000 miles on it) and just spent over $1000 to replace the AC compressor at the Honda dealer (I know this dealership and their mechanics are reputable). The service technician told me that these breakdowns are not uncommon. My previous Civic's AC also seriously broke down at 160,000 miles. Consumer Report's frequency of repair charts show that AC has been a weak spot in Honda Civics for many years (although the Civic excels in almost every other mechanical function!). I agree with the other posts - why can't Honda get their act together and fix this obvious problem with their AC systems?

geetagunjan
110

I have problem in my 2010 honda cvic AC .no cool air after first few minutes. only 37K miles on it...I need help! Honda needs to fix this issue. Is there a solution?

civicnation2008
30

Hi Guys, I have had the same problem. My 2008 civic ex-l a/c died last summer at 100,000km. It would work great for 3 min blowing ice cold air and then all of a sudden hot humid air. It worked intermittantly, and especially did not work when the car was sitting in the sun at work all day. If I drove it out of my garage it would work for a few minutes until the car warmed up. I was told by a few people that it's the clutch arm on the compressor. The metal sets out from heat and the chamber doesn't close properly, thus it keeps letting hot humid air into the cooling system. Now this summer it doesn't work at all. I'm getting a diagnostic done by honda this week. But I've heard 2008 civic's have tons of compressor clutch issues....It's unbelievable that Honda knows the metal is defective on the clutch arm but would keep installing it.

David Hensley
20

I would check/replace the AC clutch or just the whole AC compressor assembly. After checking the coolant level and replacing the AC compressor relay, it's just age on the compressor clutch. Mine is over 102,000 miles when the clutch wore out.

David Hensley
20

Should not cost over $1,000 to replace the entire compressor -even at a dealership. If someone is quoting $1,500 I would go somewhere else.

pvinnakota
10

My Honda Civic '08 a/c stopped working almost a year ago when the car did around 80,000 miles. I took it to my local mechanic who checked it and said the compressor is gone and would cost $1,150. Another chain also quoted around that. How do we band together and get Honda to do something about it?

mirqa
60

My 2006 Honda Civic's air conditioning died yesterday 5 miles into a 65 drive home in 98 degree brutal Florida heat. The car barely has 60,000 miles on it. Brought it to my mechanic today (Honda certified and AAA approved) who is pretty honest although not cheap. He said it could be the compressor clutch (but he won't be sure until he replaces it for $1300, 1 yr. warranty. Alternatively he can replace the entire compressor and all related parts including the clutch for $1600, which will include a lifetime warranty on ALL parts. (I have been having issues with coldness of the AC for quite some time as well.) I told him to replace the whole compressor. Are the rates you guys are getting to replace the compressor inclusive of both parts and labor? I would love to join a class action or other concerted effort to get Honda to pay for this.

milman69
30

My 2008 just had the clutch relay replaced because it was staying on and draining my battery. We had the system then serviced and filled and now it is down again. Not sure what is going on with it.

Phil Pastor
0

I just got a $900 estimate to replace teh compressor in my '08 Civic. I am not sure how to start a class action suit, or the requirements, but in the meantime maybe we can gather some momentum from a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/faultyhondacompressors ... If anyone wants to help administer this and beautify it... let me know.

Jenny Hamilton
110

I just submitted a question pertaining to these issues to Clark Howard, consumer and financial expert who's show is syndicated nationally. I'm hoping we can band together to get something done.

VSharma
0

I have '08 Civic, my AC compressor broke down with 50K miles on my vehicle. Honda Dealer is asking $1700 for AC compressor, clutch, coil set replacement and metal contamination. Any help on how to address this issue? Thanks

mirqa
60

I live in Florida. So I paid that much--more with tax and a charge of $125 for the test that determined what was wrong with the a/c, I can't be without air conditioning, and my 2006 Civic barely has 60K on it. .It does sound like there are enough of us that we should pursue some collective action. Do we have any lawyers among us?

Jenny Hamilton
110

I got an answer from the Clark Howard show call center and these are some of the things we can do. 1) calling NADA (NATIONAL ASSOC AUTO DELEARSHIP) 703-822-7144 2) BBB AUTO SECTION: 800-955- 5100 3) call the FTC: 877-438-4338 4) and the Lin Law Firm who is investigating claims that they are considering class action status regarding Honda Civics air condesor where debris hits the unit and causes damage for vehicles under warranty. But, they've already gotten about a dozen calls, and are still investigating the issue and it may include the issues being discussed on this thread as well, if enough people are found to be affected: 909-595-5522. This should be a start.

christol
0

I'm joining your group! My 2009 Civic EX's AC compressor is coming apart from the inside, and metal shavings have contaminated the whole system, the mechanic (very reputable) told me it would be about $2500 to replace the whole system. They suggested I call Honda customer service to try to negotiate something. Also said I'd likely need to go to a Honda Dealer (they are a Honda/Acura shop). My car has 65,000 miles on it. I'm going to check out Jenny's info.

cereza
10

My 2008 Civic LX will turn on and off when it wants to. When it does turn on it blows cold air but when it doesn't nothing comes out. My car has 61,000 miles on it. I'm joining your group as well!

Lynn415
10

Same issues here. .. 07 Honda Civic with 75K mils.. . past 6 months, intermittent cold/hot. Now, just hot. Still need to bring to mechanic, but living in San Francisco, not a big deal with the cooler temps, but still would like it fixed.

Nici Hanger
30

2008 Civic EX-L, 97k miles. Drove it 200 miles south to a job site this morning. Never had a problem with the a/c until today - when I turned the car on to head home, no air blowing out of the vents, regardless of setting/temp. Sat in a gas station parking lot for a while to wait out a storm, and took that opportunity to mess with the dials, try a few things, looked at the fuses.. no clues as to the problem. Figured it was just dead and decided to head home. But when I hopped on the highway, as I was getting up to speed, suddenly the air kicked on. It worked the whole way home, POSSIBLY a bit weaker than usual. I'm not sure it's even worth going to a mechanic after reading the posts on here - I don't want to shell out a bunch of cash only for it to stop working again in a few weeks or months.

Alex Garcia
10

A/C relay

Shantae Tatum
50

I see four numbers that was posted by Jenny 2 weeks ago to call & make a complaint to get this ball rolling. First, the visors split after being in heat and now my air has gone out. I can proudly say this will be my LAST Honda. My Kia didn't give me this much trouble. I forgot my motor mount messed up BUT, fortunately, I was still under warranty to get it fixed

Ryan Fromoltz
20

I've been having issues with my 08 Honda Civic A/C for years. From June to August the air works in the morning, then gets very little air in the afternoon when its 115 degrees. (I'm from Vegas). Finally took it in to a mechanic who said it was a charge in the air system, and got it fixed for 120 bucks. But he also admitted that Civic's are horrible for air conditioning. Saying the air will not be as good as a Toyota, Hyundai or other Honda's.

Melissa Dempsey
30

I bought my 08 Honda Civic EX in March of this year && everything worked, until a couple of weeks ago, my air started coming on every now && then, && a week ago it just quit, I've been with out air for a week, what can be done about this && I also would like to know if there are any other problems or recalls we should know about??

hassam
20

hi melissa i have my own garage and i inderstand theproblem and i can do good service for u lets see what should be done any part change or repairing do let me know thanks

simeon
20

I join the club with the same issue. I have a Honda civic 2008 ex/l, never had a problem until this summer. A/ C started to give up works whenever it likes, past few days its completely gone. I tried filling the freon but no luck, I guess I'm heading for a big repair. I agree Honda needs to come up with a fix, I bought this car brand new.

lainieRmac
10

I have a 2006 Honda Civic and the AC stopped getting cool, more like a humid mist of air. I took it to Dealer and was told i would have to have it recharged before they could determine what was wrong with it. after recharge it never worked, so i called dealer back and they 'took another look at it' and said it needed a new compressor - quote was $1350. Was talking to a guy at work and he has a 2008 Civic and his ac is not working either and he was told it was a compressor. even if i had the money to replace it and i am afraid it wont solve problem - more of a temporary fix.

UKBleu
55

My wife and I have two 2008 Honda Civics (LX and EX-L). Both of them have A/C problems, though most of the time it's the LX. It nearly always happens when its been sitting in the sun in a hot parking lot. It's been in the shop several times, had a transistor replaced, and had the refrigerant replaced. Why the refrigerant? I was told there is a safety feature that causes the A/C system to shut down if there is low pressure. The problem is - none of that worked. It still intermittently goes out, only to come on again later. The Lin Law Firm comment mentioned above seems legit, in terms of potential action. Look into it for yourself. The link is attached. http://www.thelinlawfirm.com/honda-civic-ac-condenser-problems/

UKBleu
55

Continued from above - Some of you may also be interested in this if you own an Odyssey, CR-V, or Acura TSX. The moral of the story: AC problems are not new for Honda and they continue to deny there is a problem. http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit- news/1894-honda-air-conditioningcompressor-class-action-settlement

LABeacher
40

I am having the same A/C issues with my 2008 Honda Civic. About three months ago my A/C started working intermittently. The a/c works then about 10 to 20 minutes later stops working and blows hot air. After turning the a/c off sometimes it decides to work again and sometimes it doesn't. Recently I had the a/c off and the vents were still blowing hot air even though the evening air was cooler. Any idea how to get this fixed?

Sweettraci
20

I just went out to drive my car at lunch ( las Vegas) and the air will not turn on at all. i think i have the same issues. Where should i go for help?

UKBleu
55

My A/C went out again last weekend on Saturday. By Sunday it was back up and running again, all on its own and cold as ever. I took it into the dealership this week for the third time with this same issue. Once again, they were stumped after running a variety of automated and manual electrical tests. All readings came back normal throughout the day. Prior mechanical and pressure tests came back normal as well. What the heck is it?!

JunnieBaby65
0

Same here. I just bought honda civic 2010 3 weeks ago and I have same problem. I've notice that it was happening it it is above 75 degrees outside. Now i'm stuck. I am willing to join action law suit if this does'nt get fix by my dealer were I bought the car. I'm glad I visited this site.

Julie Powell-Cortez
0

We bought a 2009 honda civic and its doing the same thing; the a/c either starts blowing hot air or sometimes it just won't come on all together. Our car is always serviced on time (and documented) so its not us not taking care of the vehicle. Very disappointing to see all these complaints. This is definitely a Honda flaw.

Shelleyham
0

We are having the same problems in our 2008 Civic. Our local mechanic says he's pretty sure its a restriction in the system, caused by the breaking of the bag that holds the desiccant (pellet drying agent). He also said this can be caused by collisions. The car has never been wrecked. This appears to be a chronic problem with Honda. $$$

mikeshonda
0

2010 Civic and I had the entire compressor and clutch and the rest of the AC replaced at Honda dealership. Cost 980.00 bucks. worked for a year and half and now its totally shot again. checked all levels of coolant and took it for second opinion and the ac guy said it would be 800.00 to 1200.00 to repair. told me he'd have to pull the entire system. I have a line by line of what he would do. it matches what Honda already did a year and half ago. this should be recalled.

Pamme
10

Pam-I have a 2008 Honda Civic with the same problem. I noticed a few weeks ago that the air would stop blowing cold and then start up again. Now on the way to work today it only blow warm air. I live in Florida but luckily it wasn't to hot today so I used outside air which was cooler than the ac air. I am very disappointed to hear of so many of the same problems. I have owned Honda's all my life and have always bragged on how dependable they are. Now I feel a little let down by the way Honda is handling this problem! I hope they will step up to the plate and take responsibility for this problem. Unfortunately someone usually has to die before they do it willingly. Good luck to everyone!

mikeb172
0

Same here. 2007 Honda Civic SI. At about 74000 miles I noticed that the AC would kick off in traffic. It got worse from there. Now, if I run the AC it works great for about 20 minutes. Then, the pump kicks off and blows warm air. We recharged the system but that didn't fix it.

Vanity Tolbert Howard
0

I just got a 06 Honda civic annd my heat was working fine now it just stoped only had my car for about 2weeks its to cold i can't deal

shatcher
0

The 2009 Honda Civic I bought for my daugher 5 years ago has started having A/C problems. The first was the relay switch - $12 part and $200 labor at the Honda dealership. Now the a/c works intermittently - sometimes it works (fan blowing) and other times it doesn't (no fan blowing). There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when it works. The Honda dealer denies any common a/c problems, as many have stated before. I would like to be a part of the class action lawsuit if it materializes.

UKBleu
55

Update - both of our 2008 Civics are still having issues, even after numerous visits to the dealership. It has gotten to the point that the dealership does not even charge us the diagnostic fee anymore because they cannot figure it out. In both Civics, the heater works but A/C condenser and blower are intermittent (not always both at the same time). Man up, Honda.

You think this is helpful.
UKBleu
55

Lin Law Firm - If you are a recent visitor, please post here but also head to the Lin Law Firm website and submit a form for your scenario - even if you are outside of the stated 2009-2012 in the description. They are currently researching this general Honda issue. http://www.thelinlawfirm.com/honda-civic-ac-condenser-problems/

Jenny Hamilton
110

Great. I don't qualify

Jenny Hamilton
110

I'll submit it anyway hoping they might reach a settlement. Thanks UKBLEU

UKBleu
55

Jenny, please do - you're welcome. It is only their research at this point - nothing formal - so it may change over time. I do not fit the description exactly either, but went ahead and put my info into their system just in case.

Jenny Hamilton
110

Thanks again. I just submitted mine too. Thanks again. Here's the link for everyone else. I posted it as well on my Facebook page. This might spread like wild fire if people share it on Facebook. http://www.thelinlawfirm.com/ honda-civic-ac-condenser- problems/

atguill
0

I am having the same issues with my 2006. I haven't taken it in yet... was going to wait, but it is SO warm here still. It makes me so mad. I had the issue with Camber arm as well and had to shell out $$$ for a new one and new tires all the time. Now there is a class action law suit on that. I probably wont buy an Honda again. Ill let yall know how the AC issue turns out. I called them and they did admit an issue with Civics and AC, but said it could cost $200-$3000.

TurboRiceCooker
0

My experiences so far with my '06 Civic EX: -I do not drive agressively at all, but I seem to go through more tires than a Formula One racer. I heard rumors the rear axel is an inch or two too short and causes uneven tire wear. -My transmission gave out at ~150,000km. Got the replaced because I only had the car for 3 years. -A/C system: for 1-2 years now my fan blower randomly comes on and off regardless if the AC button is pressed. For 6-9 months now I have been hearing grinding from what I know now is the compressor. Today it seized, and I'm at about 280,000 km. This blew my alternator belt at probably the most inconvenient time possible. I decided that instead of replacing this POS AC system (that will fail in a year anyway) to get the shorter belt and bypass it altogether. Needless to say; Honda should be ashamed of themselves and I will seriously consider any other car company before I purchase another Honda.

ziggy29
0

My wife's '06 Civic just started having this problem. The first place she took it to suggested it was a compressor (gulp). We took it to another garage closer to home for inspection and estimate, and he said it was almost certainly NOT the compressor but some electrical short or ground problem or something causing the AC to not work properly. (I should add they charged us nothing for their time.) He suggested we need to take it to a Honda dealer because it seems like a rather specialized problem. We've had other electrical issues with this car in the past: the CD and radio stopped working for a while as none of the controls (volume, tuner, CD buttons) worked. They started working again a little while later. The auxiliary jack stopped working about three years ago and still doesn't work. There's clearly and electrical and/or computer problem in this thing, I think.

Grandot
0

My '07 Civic has worked like a charm for the five years I've owned it. Unusually cold winter here in Memphis. All of a sudden my car is sluggish on starting after sitting for hours in the cold. New battery Aug '13; took car back to place where battery purchased; had them replace it in Dec '13. Still sluggish start. Today I took it back to Honda dealer who has just quoted me $135 to replace A/C clutch main relay switch. It was draining my battery!!!! the only problem I've had with A/C is that musty smell mentioned above. I will pursue this further as I don't have $135 to throw away. Thanks to all of you for your posts. My "family" mechanic had never heard of such a problem and neither had I !!!

riv1234
10

Hi Mark I had a battery problem and had them put in a new one yesterday, this morning my battery was dead. I returned to the Honda dealership and was told that my AC was running continuous even with the key turn off. He told me my switch in the car was not shutting down properly and said they would have to replace my ac switch inside the car but it came as a complete unit therefore the cost would be $ 364.00. My question is this something that could be a defect and should I Honda dealer to investigate further for this defective switch..

David Nelson
0

Ditto 2009 Civic with 95K, A/C doesn't come on in hotter temps until the car has run for 10-15mins or so. Then all comes on okay. I have a feeling it will completely die someday soon.

Jeanne LeMaster
10

Owner of 2010 Civic. A/C problems like everyone else. My heat always works if I turn it on... but the A/C works whenever it feels like it. At first the A/C would stop working when I was on a long trip... but seemed to "reboot" if I shut down the car and restarted it. Then one day seemingly out of the blue the intermittent a/c troubles started. When it does work, it's wonderfully cold.. when it doesn't... I live in FL... and summer is coming... no a/c is a beast. I have an appointment at the Honda dealer tomorrow. From the posts here... I'm not too hopeful... but did go to the law firm link mentioned above and added my name to the list.

You think this is helpful.
Mariel Gonzaalez
0

2010 honda civic XL. We were looking for an answer about the problem in the ac of our car, we already paid twice for service in the Honda dealership, we would like to sign in the llist.

Saustin
0

Jenny.....we have a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe....haven't had it for 9 months....a/c worked perfectly last Summer when we bought the car....tried to use the a/c for the first time this year today and no a/c.....nothing but warm air......I wish I would have seen this before and I would NEVER had bought another Honda.....had a Honda Civic prior to this one....it was a 1998 with 250,000 miles on it so I thought that when the a/c started acting up a couple years ago AFTER sitting in the hot sun for awhile...that it was just the age and mileage....tried replacing many things and nothing would work....sometimes it would come on in the mornings after sitting in the garage all night.....but sure enough...once it set outside in the sun while I was at work....it would not come on.....so finally decided to buy this 2012....and like I said...worked perfect last Summer.....and now coming into a/c season....I'll be dang if NO a/c today!!!! I'm so upset....please let me know if you all are filing a class action and I'm IN on it!!! I still have the older Honda and that will be included too....however a 2012 having this issue?? Give me a break!!! Honda HAS to know that this is a issue and yet they are not addressing it or having a recall? Like I said...I wish I would have seen this thread prior to buying this second Honda!! What is the lastest feedback anyone has gotten? Thanks for any information!

teh3vilpill0w
0

I've got a 2008 civic lx with 90k. My compressor just won't turn off. Ever. Its wreaking havoc on my battery and completely throwing my idle off when it releases pressure to the point of stalling constantly. I can't even drive it now. I'm guessing its a relay problem. Or the clutch is just stuck open. I'm gonna try replacing the relay first, hopefully that does the trick. Anyone else have this problem?

Teresa Leffard
0

My A/C in my 2007 Honda Civic went out a year ago. Took it to a mechanic and they said mechanical failure. Not sure how this happened. I live in Southern California, so no a/c is not an option! I would like to add to this list. I have owned three prior Honda's, with no problems. I bought the 2007 brand new and within two years needed a new engine. YES, A NEW ENGINE. Apparently, my car was on a line that the engine was not sealed properly. Since then, I have received letters on several recalls; first the engine (now Honda has extended the warranty to 8 years from the date of purchase), then the paint job (didn't get that one right either-anyone's paint look like its fading away or acid has been dropped on it? Blame Honda, they weren't painted right, also Honda will repaint, but you will not get a rental from them since "Honda is being proactive in fixing the problem", as the dealer states), visors- let's talk about these cheap things, anyone's visor split and falling off? Yes, they have been recalled too! Don't let me forget your tires might be wearing too! Oh yeah, there's a problem in the axle or something. You may be able to get some money back if you bought lots of tires AND KEPT THE RECEIPT! If I get one more recall item, I am going to scream. I will NEVER EVER EVER buy a Honda again. I know some say they fixed it right? Yes, they did, but on some things they were difficult and honestly if I buy a new car I don't want several issues with it.

ColdACinMyCivic
0

Took my 2007 Civic Si in for this issue, to a shop I trust very much. Explained how my AC would work for 10 minutes, than would shut off, especially if it was hot out or car was idling. They found the problem and said it is common with the Civic and there is a TSB issued for it. The AC Relay breaks and stays open. This causes the AC Clutch Solenoid to get blasted with electricity and it eventually fails. The fix for me was a new AC Clutch Solenoid, AC Clutch, and AC Relay. $1,000 to fix.