Heater Blows cold air when set on high?

dstien
0

Asked by dstien Feb 24, 2014 at 07:28 PM about the 2010 Ford Escape XLT

This is my Moms vehicle. I believe it is a 2010 ford escape. She just took it in to have
the thermostat replaced but the problem persists. When she puts the blower on high it
blows cold air. She told me that the motor cools off also. However when she uses the
lower speeds on the fan blower the motor temp is normal and the it blows out heat like
it normally would. Any ideas of what may be causing this? She is a eldelry woman on a
limited income and can't throwing 4-500 bucks trying to solve this problem.

klsmith7
75

If your sure your thermostat is working correctly and not stuck open I would first check the coolant level in the vehicle. Then I would check the heater core for obstruction. The coolant that maintains your cars temperature also is used through the heater core to help heat your vehicle when its cold outside. Your blower then blows over it heating up the air. Hope this helps

dstien
0

Thanks klsmith7, I understand how the cooling system works what I dont understand is why when the blower is set on high the motor is cooling off so it blows cold air. When it is on lower settings it works just fine. I was a mechanic back in the *80's but I don't know how all this new electronic stuff is connected up and works.