How do I remove the Engine cover? What are the precautions?

Brog
0

Asked by Brog Feb 13, 2013 at 08:17 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ

After removing the oil fill cap and disconnecting all hose connections, do I simply lift up on the front of the cover.  Is it snapped in place?  I am afraid to pull up too hard with out knowing it is free to "pop off".  Please advise.  I am a 82 year old and have never owned a car that I could not at least see the plugs.

45,695

I went to eBay and found a auction for a engine cover. It looks like there are four posts - generally engine covers snap on. --- http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10- CHEVROLET-MALIBU-PONTIAC-G6-3-5L-V6-ENGINE-COVER-GM-ENGINE-COVER- 12601384-/280963287943? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416ab78b87&vxp=mtr

Jason Zane
2,905

there is a snap on at some point just try it at one point at a time. also.. find where the hinge areas are too. my camaro is like that too.

Best Answer
Ilregal

Mam, you don't have anyone that can give you a hand? My Mom's 83 and I am nearing 60, put I am able to do her work for her. Do you have your owners manual as I can tell you what area in that owners manual will help you out with this. That's a nice car and quit peppy for a younger gal, like 0-60 5.9 seconds, are you an ole gear head??? Sounds like you like hot rods..LOL LTZ is a 252-hp, 3.6-liter V6, matched with a six-speed automatic your engine is the 2.4L I-4 and that is important to remember when you look at your owners manual as there are a couple different possible engines and this is what you have in your car, I am going to give to a couple pictures that explains what is what under your hood, the bottom left of the picture, might, be the page number in your owners manual which if you aren't sure where it is, look in the glove box... I hope by saying that I am not sounding insulting, but some folks just don't know..... also to see this picture better just click on the picture to make it larger and then use your back arrow on your internet browser to get back to this page. So, this first picture is the engine with some numbers and arrows pointing at things in your engine compartment. The second picture will have the explanation of those numbers and arrows, so here you go...

Ilregal

And here is picture two with what the heck picture two is pointing at, and remember to click on the picture as explained above to make it bigger.

Ilregal

If I can be of anymore help just yell, and I hope this is helpful to you and really glad to see you still doing your own work, fantastic

Ilregal

I need to apologize about the addressing you as "Mam" and "my mom is 83" comment as I had me head into another conversation and I'm thinking you are not a "Mam" jeez...I am sorry I think being it's Valentines Day, "Fellas", and my Mom being 83 and you mentioning your 82 and that I know I forgot to get Mom something for Valentines Day, I addressed you and I am really sorry as a "MAM" oh boy, In my defense, it's my guilty conscience that caused that BAD intro,,,, I better get out of here while the getting is good and get Mom something before she gives that cold shoulder look that you get like, "did you forget something" type look that Mom's give you, so anyhow,,, I am really sorry, Sirf !

Ilregal

Geez can't spellll right either, and I know, and a lot of guys will be real happy to hear me say this, WHAT AN IDIOT......LOL sorry, SIR, !!!!

45,695

Mr. Lawless, you have a message.

ImpalaSSOwner
10

I know this is old but I have a question