My thermometer (outside temp) display stopped working

Mazz
0

Asked by Mazz Mar 14, 2013 at 09:44 PM about the 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4WD

I recently had an accident to the right hand front side, which has now been repaired. For some reason the thermometer display will not appear on my dash. It was there before the accident so I'm thinking something is loose. The mechanic has replaced the sensor and wiring but it still isn't working. Is there  an on/off for this and needs to be turned back on for it to display? The owner manual doesn't help me.

49,805

It worked before the accident and it doesn't work now. Call the adjuster and have the insurance fix it. You already paid the deductible and your rates won't go up any higher so they might as well pay for it.

Mazz
0

Yes, insurance is covering it but no-one seems to be able to fix the problem even the dealer where the car was purchased from doesn't know how to fix it. Thanks for your answer, I will just send it back to them and say fix it!

49,805

The other deal is to get the estimate. Have them cut you a check for the repair and keep the money. You can live with no outside temperature display. Just roll down the window and stick an arm out.