What would cause a 2009 Chevy Impala heater to operate only when moving?

Karl Cordova
10

Asked by Karl Nov 29, 2013 at 03:00 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Impala LT

2009 Chevy Impala will not blow heat while in Park or standing still, but will blow heat
once car starts moving.

47,285

If damper doors in duct work are vacuum actuated I would suspect a vacuum leak. As you drive the vacuum increases enough to operate the damper doors and you start feeling the heat. Just a thought.

15,975

Could be a bad blower motor. If it doesn't run you'll have air flow being pushed through the vents when you're moving but nothing when standing still. HTH. -Jim

Karl Cordova
10

Does the blower motor have it's own fuse? Start with the simple things.

47,285

Oh ok. Your blower is not working. Sorry jumped the gun a little. Yes you should be able to locate a fuse for the blower motor.

PeterMiller
0

Karl, Easy fix. You need to add more coolant. Done! Peter